Newcastle United 4 - 1 Reading - 17/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Disco

Signings don't seem too promising so far bar Ritchie

You're not allowed to say that.

Says who? It's generally the completely writing them off after less than three matches (or less than half of one match) that is rightfully mocked.

No creativity at all in the side. Shelvey doesnt cut it.  Not sure Diame is a creator either.

Gayle up top by himself doesnt work either. Palace fans were adamant about this and they're being proved right

Guest firetotheworks

My mate at the game says it's just as bad as Saturday.

He's fucking lying. There is much more movement, ok we eased off after our goal but their is much more movement. Reading are spooking the game by going down under every challenge and the referee is giving them the free kick every time. If we go at the tempo that we had before he goal then Reading will not stand a chance.

He's not.  Stats show we've created fuck all again.

Howeh Neesy, stats man. It's better than Saturday like, easily.

Signings don't seem too promising so far bar Ritchie

You're not allowed to say that.

Says who? It's generally the completely writing them off after less than three matches (or less than half of one match) that is rightfully mocked.

Hanley and Clark were known cloggers, tbf.

My mate at the game says it's just as bad as Saturday.

Certainly doesn't sound like it.

We look pretty damn awful.

Well I'm only listening but until minute 45 the radio were basically describing us completely on top.

That was my take on it too. BBC Sport showing Reading with more possession (55%) and equal chances (6), so maybe more even than it sounds. Never fear though, we are winning this one lads. 3-1.

Two own goals for Shane Duffy and Clark giving away a penalty.  Dat Irish defending,

They should give up football and invest some decent money in training cyclists.

We're a better team than you in football

Don't see us winning this.  We're lacking momentum going forward.  Dare I say it but the runs that Sissoko and Gini made last season made us much better going forward and when Mitro was up top too,  we had a chance to hold the ball up in the final third.  None of that in the current team though.