DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Maybe that’s why Rafa doesn’t like him getting to far forward. I disagree about Manquillo mind, he’s f***ing tragic.

I just think he's better defensively (which isn't saying much). Yedlin has pace but is offering very little other than that.

I agree that Yedlin gets caught out of position and I mentioned a few weeks ago that I believe it's because he's always been faster and better than players he's played against through age groups and worse divisions. But he's much more of an asset to us than Manquillo

Guest neesy111

I agree that Yedlin gets caught out of position and I mentioned a few weeks ago that I believe it's because he's always been faster and better than players he's played against through age groups and worse divisions. But he's much more of an asset to us than Manquillo

This basically.

If we had a good enough side to be on the front foot most of the time a player like Yedlin would be amazing. As it is, with us being limited and defensive, a player like Yedlin doesn't really fit.

Immensely better than Manquillo though.

I disagree, would be interested to hear what yedlin offers than manquillo doesn't. Yedlin is a liability at the moment and going forward offers nothing.

Drove into the box near the end and the end only to turn back because he didn't have a clue. Delivery was consistently awful all day too.

If we had a good enough side to be on the front foot most of the time a player like Yedlin would be amazing. As it is, with us being limited and defensive, a player like Yedlin doesn't really fit.

Disagree, think his technique and headlessness in attacking areas would get shown up more for a better team. He's good enough for our team but I don't think he's above our team in terms of quality or anything

He doesn't offer nothing going forward though, he's just incosistent with it. Got a good assist against Man Utd,  should have had one against Stoke when Atsu missed a good chance and his attacking movement helped for our 3rd goal against West Ham. I'm sure he created the chance for Gayle at West Ham when he hit the bar too.

Whereas Manquillo offers us absoultely nowt going forward. Has he created a single chance this season?

In what world would yedlin be amazing? What could he contribute ti be classed amazing to any team?

Guest Howaythetoon

A fullback has to defend, I see little in yedlin's game that he is a good defender.

I disagree, a full-back should be adept at both, he is neither although has the attributes to get forward more but tactics etc. prevent that and it’s his attributes that get him out of jail a lot defensively namely his pace. But that’s it. He’s another who is basically Championship standard or squad filler.

I thought he had a stinker today, poor at both ends of the field.

Saved us a point though, twice in fact i would say.

Perhaps, but he didn't have a good game overall.

'Perhaps' fecking definitely seeing as he cleared off the line in the last minute. Agree with you though, he didn't have a good game.

Guest neesy111

I thought he had a stinker today, poor at both ends of the field.

Saved us a point though, twice in fact i would say.

I'm sure Danny Simpson did the same on a few occasions.  Still a shite player.

He was great going forward in the Stoke game and completely opened things up for Murphy and Atsu. Our right flank won us that match.

I don't really know what Ritchie does all game, because he's neither joining in attack nor falling back to cover on that side. Like he just sits at midfield fumbling with his plums.

It's Football 101 that if your fullback is going forward, someone needs to slide in and cover the hole. Doesn't seem like that happens as much as it should with this lot, which leaves our flank exposed.

Yedlin does need to work on his timing though, because he gets caught off way too often. We saw him make good crosses last season, so I'm not sure what his deal is this season. His crossing has been crap lately.

Somebody really needs to explain the offside rule to him. Needlessly being caught when we’re in a good position has started to become one of his ‘things’.

Infuriating that mind.

Ayoze had done brilliantly to keep possession and get away and this idiot can't stay onside.

He's done it a lot recently.

Somebody really needs to explain the offside rule to him. Needlessly being caught when we’re in a good position has started to become one of his ‘things’.

Infuriating that mind.

Ayoze had done brilliantly to keep possession and get away and this idiot can't stay onside.

He's done it a lot recently.

Aye, just seems a bit thick. It’s the first thing he should be checking in that situation.