DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

It's not his height, it's standing in the wrong place.

I thought he was standing in the right place for the goal against Man U, he was pretty tight to the forward, but Martial got the jump on him and Yedlin couldn't get up. He got bossed on that one I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

s**** on the opening goal. Is with Ozil then ball watches and leaves Ozil free.

The lad is a yank Santon, Runs around looks occasionally impressive but just has no idea what defending is about.

And has nice hairstyles.

Nah he wasn't really with Ozil. Atsu was the one stood with Ozil, when Ozil anticipated what was happening he moved into the space and Atsu didn't follow.

He gets the block on a shot from Sanchez.  Then decides to watch the ball in his own 18yd box. While Ozil is deciding how hes going to score.

Ozil was stood on the penalty spot with Atsu, while the ball is in the air (leading to Lejenue and Sanchez challenging for it) one of your back four doesn't charge out towards the edge of the box.

dat pace

Effectively made what turned out to be the winning goal. Had a difficult game otherwise like.

Thought he did alright, that Masuako (sp?) is a bag of tricks. Should've had an assist when Gayle missed too.

dat pace

Effectively made what turned out to be the winning goal. Had a difficult game otherwise like.

Thought he did alright, that Masuako (sp?) is a bag of tricks. Should've had an assist when Gayle missed too.

Aye fair comment, I forgot about that. Too many crosses came in from both Masuaku and Cresswell for my liking though.

dat pace

Aye fair comment, I forgot about that. Too many crosses came in from both Masuaku and Cresswell for my liking though.

As a team we show Premier League teams too much respect. We need to get a bit tighter all across the pitch for me. Especially vs Man City.

dat pace

As a team we show Premier League teams too much respect. We need to get a bit tighter all across the pitch for me. Especially vs Man City.

I seem to remember the same complaint in the Championship, we gave loads of teams way too much respect. It costs us points.

dat pace

I seem to remember the same complaint in the Championship, we gave loads of teams way too much respect. It costs us points.

I kinda get it as a tactic to let them have the ball if you don't have the physicality to keep up with the opposition or stamina to keep chasing it now we're playing more talented sides. I just think sometimes it's to our detriment though, as outlined above it's in the final 3rd where it has real potential to hurt us because players in this division have the quality to punish given the opportunity. Goals from outside the box and crosses seemed to be occurring quite a lot particularly in Lascelles absence.

I hope vs City we have a real siege mentality both on and off the pitch and really get up close and tight to them. TBH if we sit in and really graft once they're in the middle / final third I can see us putting up a relatively solid display and maybe nicking a goal.

In the last 2 / 3 games I've been really impressed with this lads character. Against Everton in the 2nd half he looked like the only one willing to do something outside the box and really commit players. Today he really piled pressure on West Ham and drive at players again. Showing real passion (as are all the team) but it's more so the responsibility that I've been happy with. We've needed leaders on the pitch in recent weeks and he's seemingly stepped up to it. Good to see. :thup: