DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Awful defending from him again there. Ball watching.

Its not ball watching, he actively sprints forward out of position. Like the trigger on his controller got jammed.

Their first goal was textbook ball watching. Had no idea where his man was and was 100% concentrating on the flight of the ball.

He stepped forward anarl to try and play offside!!

I've noticed on a lot of these back post crosses he drifts infield a lot and the man gets behind him with a running jump, or he hasn't even seen them, so they just have a free shot or header at goal. 

Is this something he is being instructed to do?  I get sometimes he will be tucking in as the centre backs are out of position, but it seems like he is just a chronic ball watcher and gets stuck under the flight of it too often.  Which is a shame, as he actually has a great leap on him for his size. 

The back 4 is really disjointed at the minute.  Never thought we would miss Lascelles this badly.  Our other centre back options may well be more talented technically, but none of them seem to have any leadership qualities. 

I've noticed on a lot of these back post crosses he drifts infield a lot and the man gets behind him with a running jump, or he hasn't even seen them, so they just have a free shot or header at goal. 

Is this something he is being instructed to do?  I get sometimes he will be tucking in as the centre backs are out of position, but it seems like he is just a chronic ball watcher and gets stuck under the flight of it too often.  Which is a shame, as he actually has a great leap on him for his size. 

The back 4 is really disjointed at the minute.  Never thought we would miss Lascelles this badly.  Our other centre back options may well be more talented technically, but none of them seem to have any leadership qualities. 

I was worried about the back post crosses when I first saw him, cause he's not that big, but tbf, he's done alright before the Man U game. Seems to be massive confusion down that side atm, don't know if that's down to Lascelles not being there.

Awful defending from him again there. Ball watching.

Its not ball watching, he actively sprints forward out of position. Like the trigger on his controller got jammed.

Just seen this. He completely misjudges the flight of the ball, it's a pretty big error after the last game. He's costing us more big chances than he's creating atm.

Especially when Clark/Lejeune seem to be positioning themselves entirely wrong in general. Clark needs to atleast challenge both Robson Kanu/Gray goals in last two games. He's marking empty space. Lejeune's also barely challenged Smallings goal and wasn't even in the box for Burnley's. Less said about the air kick v lukaku the better.

Lascelles does the under rated basics of clearing the ball and being in the right places it seems.

It's not his height, it's standing in the wrong place.

I was going to say.  He has a great leap on him and is good in the air for someone of his height.  The fact he is often ball watching or not marking his man is the issue here.  Not his aerial ability.

Height will always be an issue at times for full backs, anyway.  Unless we go down the Stoke or WBA route of having 4 centre backs and everyone in your back 4 at 6ft plus.  Then strikers will often peel off on to the full back for diagonals and pack post crosses. It's not exactly a new problem we're facing. 

It's not his height, it's standing in the wrong place.

Yeah, seems to get drawn in towards the ball instinctively and leaves space behind. Has happened a good 3/4 times from my memory. Easy fix tbh, nothing to worry about too much I feel.

Needs a centre back to organise him, that's all.