DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

He'd be up there but I feel like you never really saw it to the fullest extent. Quickest players I can think of are Martins and pre-injuries Dyer, circa 2000. Sissoko was quick too.

Jonas was exceptionally quick when he first signed for us.  Not sure if he bulked up a bit after signing or just lost a bit of pace but it only seemed to last a year or 2.

He'd be up there but I feel like you never really saw it to the fullest extent. Quickest players I can think of are Martins and pre-injuries Dyer, circa 2000. Sissoko was quick too.

Jonas was exceptionally quick when he first signed for us.  Not sure if he bulked up a bit after signing or just lost a bit of pace but it only seemed to last a year or 2.

He was a great ball carrier.  But never would have called him quick?  Not the same speed as the likes of Yedlin, Bellamy, Dyer, Sissoko, Martins etc.

His inabillty to shoot/cross/make the right pass in the final third was unbelievable, he just never seemed to take the right option, that being said he did his bit for us in the championship and at the first season back to the premier league so i can only wish him the very best.

Alan O'Brien could catch pigeons, but nobody used to pass to him cos he was frustrating, profligate and shit :lol:

Alan Brown? My memory of him was that he was shit off a stick quick and did very well in his short time with us. We couldn’t afford the buy him from Sunderland and he went back.

Is he the quickest player who's played for us?

Slower than Dummett FYI

Would think Martins was faster.

Recall at the time of signing we were told Martins could do 100m in under 11 seconds but never saw that level of pace on the pitch it was a weird one

Alan O'Brien could catch pigeons, but nobody used to pass to him cos he was frustrating, profligate and s*** :lol:

Alan Brown? My memory of him was that he was s*** off a stick quick and did very well in his short time with us. We couldn’t afford the buy him from Sunderland and he went back.

Brown and Varadi were excellent, shame  he had so many injuries which fucked his career as he wasn’t bad at all.

• 2 years later...

St. Louis City played them right before the break for Leagues Cup and he was subbed on to start the second half. I had no idea he was still playing at all, and when I saw him yelled "Holy shit, I

thought Yedlin retired years ago!"

Our seats are 11 rows up and right behind where he had taken up his position. And, of course, it was one of those awkward silent moments right before the second half kicks off. Hopefully he took it for the genuine expression of surprise that it was . . . .

:milner: