Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Just having a look at some of the tables from the 6th tier downwards for the first time in months and a few things have changed since they start of 2023. Darlington were in and a round top spot last I saw (although Kings Lynn did have a fair few games in hand), but after only 1 win and 7 points in their last 9 games, they are now 19 points off the top, although should probably still make the play offs, even with a modest return in their final 8 matches.

Probably too much for Spennymoor to do to make the playoffs, and while they currently occupy the final spot, Scarborough have only taken 2 points from their last 5 so look to be clinging on in their first season back at this level.

South Shields look nearly there in the 7th tier. Not in particularly great form, just 5 points from their last 5 games, and when I last looked it was close, but I see they did win 8 from 9 at the start of 2023 to presumably pull away from the pack. With GD they pretty much just need 6 points from their final 5 games to seal it, although they would probably still win the league if they lost all their remaining games. Crazy that Bamber Bridge in 2nd have won 9 more matches than they have lost, but their GD is only +1 :kasper:

What been behind the recent upturn in form for Gateshead? Or is it a case of them being unlucky earlier in the season? As looking at their goal difference it looks like they should never have been in a relegation battle.

He was at Whitley for a bit last season straight from the Alliance and didn't do anything of note so it's surprised me how much he has banged them in the division below. Admittedly we were a bit of a shambles and he didn't get much of a run.

A Wembley Cup Final and survival would be an unbelievable season. Shame they never had a chance of keeping Scott and Langstaff last summer otherwise they could have been much closer to the Play-Offs.

Just had a look and it looks like Scott doesn’t get a game for Nott’m County anymore either.

Think Gateshead are missing an industrial amount of players for tomorrow though so it’ll be an uphill struggle.

Cracking afternoons football at the worlds worst ground. Heed could and should have been out of sight at HT and then got absolutely battered in the second half by a very physical and direct Barnet team. Great scenes at the end, what an achievement for the club so soon after nearly going to wall. 

Some full from grace from Yeovil like, was only 8 seasons ago they where playing Leicester in the Championship, now basically on the brink of relegation to the Conference South.