Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Blyth since I started to watch them for me are at times good but in general are shite for this league . They simply aren’t up to it and every manager seems incapable of getting them on a run because the players aren’t good enough for this league . Too lightweight, they don’t have a presence on the field and I’ve never saw a captain amongst them leading them .

Very very ordinary I’m afraid on and off the field , if they survive it will be only just , again . 

3 hours ago, GWN said:

Blyth since I started to watch them for me are at times good but in general are shite for this league . They simply aren’t up to it and every manager seems incapable of getting them on a run because the players aren’t good enough for this league . Too lightweight, they don’t have a presence on the field and I’ve never saw a captain amongst them leading them .

Very very ordinary I’m afraid on and off the field , if they survive it will be only just , again . 

I work with a lad who follows Blyth home and away and he's always said that the Conference North is one league above their natural level.

6 hours ago, GWN said:

They didn't struggle under Adam Armstrong when he got them into the Conf North playoffs. Problem is, the committee (and owner) shit their pants at the thought or promotion - refused to back him, so he went to Darlington.

On 29/09/2022 at 04:10, Big Geordie said:

They didn't struggle under Adam Armstrong when he got them into the Conf North playoffs. Problem is, the committee (and owner) shit their pants at the thought or promotion - refused to back him, so he went to Darlington.

You keep saying this in this thread. The board backed him enough to allow him to manage contract option renewals, which he deliberately didn't do by the due date, then signed those same players to Darlo. There's plenty to criticise upstairs at Croft Park, but AA absolutely shafted the club. He also had the biggest wage bill the club ever had at his disposal.

On 29/09/2022 at 00:37, Wallsendmag said:

I work with a lad who follows Blyth home and away and he's always said that the Conference North is one league above their natural level.

When Blyth first went up to that level under Harry Dunn I would say it was easily their natural level. Since then, a lot of former FL clubs have dropped into it plus a lot of other clubs have moved on in terms of club infrastructure. Looking at some of the gates in the NPL now- and that you even have FT teams at the level below, then Blyth are always going to be at the bottom end National North / top end NPL.

Still, cracking result today in the cup. Home draw would be nice for a place in the first round.

Edited by Matt

Was at Hebburn yesterday, really decent set up to be fair, clubhouse is really smart. 

Good game against Grantham and finished 2 all, Grantham had a player sent off at nil nil. Really good support from Grantham too considering how far it is, brought about 50 and didn't stop singing all game.

Not sure 2nd is a true position for Hebburn mind, feel they'll slip down the table a bit more

Edited by NUFCDoog

On 02/10/2022 at 05:48, NUFCDoog said:

Was at Hebburn yesterday, really decent set up to be fair, clubhouse is really smart. 

Good game against Grantham and finished 2 all, Grantham had a player sent off at nil nil. Really good support from Grantham too considering how far it is, brought about 50 and didn't stop singing all game.

Not sure 2nd is a true position for Hebburn mind, feel they'll slip down the table a bit more

NUFC match so wasn’t there but was out with two of their players yesterday - one of them a huge miss as he’s injured - Olly Martin - the other I sponsor - Jack Donaghy - both said they were impressed with Grantham! 

Aye, it’s a cracking set up now - the media tower is great to watch a match! Our Sunday team play on the pitch next to the main pitch! 

2 hours ago, Foluwashola said:

Cracking ties. Shields will stand a chance against Scunny anarl based on how shite they’re doing in the conference.

What's gone on at Scunthorpe? Wasn't that long ago they were in the Championship, now they look like getting relegated from the National League, some full from grace.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

What's gone on at Scunthorpe? Wasn't that long ago they were in the Championship, now they look like getting relegated from the National League, some full from grace.

Asset stripping by the owner - same as Oldham, I believe.

Just been watching Heaton Stan smash Benfield 1-4 in a rain soaked Coast Road derby. Stan should’ve been 5 or 6 up at HT with the Benfield keeper playing a blinder before Benfield absolutely dominated the second half without getting the second goal to put pressure on Stan. 

Late on sealing goal from just shy of the half way line too. Quality stuff. 

On 25/09/2022 at 18:30, Optimistic Nut said:

Langstaff has 12 in 10 for Notts County. 

Scored to beat Wrexham tonight. He’ll go up if Notts don’t. Saw some NL pundit saying he was the best striker he’d seen for ages down there the other week.

22 hours ago, Disco said:

Just been watching Heaton Stan smash Benfield 1-4 in a rain soaked Coast Road derby. Stan should’ve been 5 or 6 up at HT with the Benfield keeper playing a blinder before Benfield absolutely dominated the second half without getting the second goal to put pressure on Stan. 

Late on sealing goal from just shy of the half way line too. Quality stuff. 

Scored to beat Wrexham tonight. He’ll go up if Notts don’t. Saw some NL pundit saying he was the best striker he’d seen for ages down there the other week.

Stan 45 yarder here. Some finish! 

On 04/10/2022 at 22:53, Big Geordie said:

Terrific win for Ashington tonight in their FA Cup replay - 3-0 infront of a record crowd of almost 1500. :thup:

Record crowd at the new ground of course. They used to get crowds of 5000+ on the regular as a football league team in the 1920s and their previous record attendance was over 13000 for an FA Cup tie against Rochdale in the 50s!

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Record crowd at the new ground of course. They used to get crowds of 5000+ on the regular as a football league team in the 1920s and their previous record attendance was over 13000 for an FA Cup tie against Rochdale in the 50s!

Yup - when they played at Portland Park, in the Div 3 North days. It's good to see them on the rise again. :thup:

Ashington away to Kings Lynn this weekend. Chance to reach the first round for the first time since the 60's. Big ask against a side top of the National League North though. 

1500 against Stocksbridge was tremendous. Looked better than Bradford PA, Stocksbridge and Ashton Utd in the games played in previous rounds, so we'll see.