Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

6 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Couldn't make my mind up between Gateshead v Barnet or Heaton Stan v North Ferriby today so I've let the bairn choose. He's picked Gateshead, we get in free there so I'm not complaining [emoji38] so will make do with following the Stan game on Twitter.

Hope everyone who's going to a Non League game today with there being no NUFC match, enjoys it. Always a good day out wherever you end up.

Went to Stan, and you didn't miss much. Scrappy as owt but a great finish from Konner Lamb for the winner.

12 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Went to Stan, and you didn't miss much. Scrappy as owt but a great finish from Konner Lamb for the winner.

Was keeping an eye on it through twitter and there didn't seem to be much going on so I think I picked the best game. Gateshead were excellent, tbf Barnet look a very good side as well. Expect them both to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 1,441 there including 138 from Barnet. We were sat next to the segregation divide and there was some good banter between the fans. Almost all good natured. Really good atmosphere there yesterday.

13 hours ago, 54 said:

So, do Gateshead actually have a chance of going up here? 👀

Stadium situation still needs resolved I think but based on what I've seen so far (and last season) they won't be far off and I'd be amazed if they finished outside the Play Off places.

5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Stadium situation still needs resolved I think but based on what I've seen so far (and last season) they won't be far off and I'd be amazed if they finished outside the Play Off places.

Just reading, apparently the EFL rules have changed. They would need a 5 year lease, with the option to extend it to 10 years if they stay up for a 2nd season.

If they got promoted though, a stadium of their own would really need to be looked at. Gateshead Council should be helping them to be honest. Outside of the Quayside, the whole of Gateshead is needing investment, and they are in the process of demolishing half the town centre.

The stadium issue is sorted apparently. I heard yesterday that potential new owners are looking to sack off the running track around the pitch, I'm not sure whether that means Withdean style temp stands closer to the pitch or they're wanting to rip up the track altogether.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The stadium issue is sorted apparently. I heard yesterday that potential new owners are looking to sack off the running track around the pitch, I'm not sure whether that means Withdean style temp stands closer to the pitch or they're wanting to rip up the track altogether.

I’m not sure I can see that to be honest. Don’t Gateshead college use it for Athletics?

If Athletics can’t be used there anymore, then surely there is no point in keeping it, it might as well just be knocked down and either rebuilt as a football club, or we just realise that it’s going to become an industrial unit like everything else around it.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m not sure I can see that to be honest. Don’t Gateshead college use it for Athletics?

If Athletics can’t be used there anymore, then surely there is no point in keeping it, it might as well just be knocked down and either rebuilt as a football club, or we just realise that it’s going to become an industrial unit like everything else around it.

Yeah that's what I thought. I've not heard that it's becoming an industrial unit or anything like that.

I wonder how financially viable it is if Gateshead College continue to use it. Do they still do international athletics meets there?

12 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yeah that's what I thought. I've not heard that it's becoming an industrial unit or anything like that.

I wonder how financially viable it is if Gateshead College continue to use it. Do they still do international athletics meets there?

I don’t know if they do international athletics there or not, but they do still do athletics there. My niece often went there when she was doing Athletics, although they were starting to go to Shildon often as well.

York City joint top until Gateshead play their game in hand. Come the fuck on. Great to see green shoots of progress after nearly ten years of regression and treading water (unless you count barely dragging themselves out of the sixth tier as progress).

Mark Douglas done a write-up, for anyone interested (headline a bit premature): https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/york-city-fairytale-revival-3264586?srsltid=AfmBOor5hEoL0JEYwxe8NgWy0la9aISOAHQyV15jwvptfAmBxkpBGaxV

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: Absolutely great stuff. 

Best thing about that is the poor lad doing the interview desperately trying to redirect him to talk about the actual match and getting completely ignored each time 😂

Rothbury today for a change, Northern Alliance Division 1 vs. Benfield Reserves. They're my actual local team that I could just about walk to go and see. Shouldn't have left it so long

Edited by OpenC