Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Some full from grace from Yeovil like, was only 8 seasons ago they where playing Leicester in the Championship, now basically on the brink of relegation to the Conference South. 

Scunthorpe beating us 14 years ago and heading to Conference North too. Mad. 

Could be squeaky bum time for South Shields - they lost to a last minute winner to 2nd place Bamber Bridge on Saturday, and BB have just beaten Morpeth tonight (who look in trouble at the other end of the table). The lead is 6 points, basically 7 with goal difference, and both have 4 matches left. They should still be absolutely fine, but they have had previous for blowing great positions.

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Some full from grace from Yeovil like, was only 8 seasons ago they where playing Leicester in the Championship, now basically on the brink of relegation to the Conference South. 

They were always Conference level though historically just had a good run. Remember them doing Notts Forest in the playoffs which was objectively hilarious. The absolute definition of a backwater town too. Miles away from anything.

Just now, Disco said:

They were always Conference level though historically just had a good run. Remember them doing Notts Forest in the playoffs which was objectively hilarious. The absolute definition of a backwater town too. Miles away from anything.

Remember seeing them in either the Championship or League 1 with Luke Ayling and never thinking in a million years he'd ever play in the Premier League. The definition of eeking everything out of whatever you've got.

Blyth vs Darlington today, big game at both ends. Draw probably just about better for Darlo, but both could very much do with the win.

I would have been half tempted to go to Spennymoor vs Fylde as it's probably the easiest ground to get to, but after back to back defeats, or 1 points from 3, Spenny's season is effectively over.

39 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Blyth vs Darlington today, big game at both ends. Draw probably just about better for Darlo, but both could very much do with the win.

I would have been half tempted to go to Spennymoor vs Fylde as it's probably the easiest ground to get to, but after back to back defeats, or 1 points from 3, Spenny's season is effectively over.

I'll be there later. Spenny are very inconsistent but usually turn up against the bigger sides.

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Gateshead winning again, as it stands they're 18th, 7 points above the drop zone, with two games in hand.

What a job magic Moke is doing. :clap:

Amazing turn around. They looked dead a buried a few weeks ago. 4 points from safety. We'll done The Heed

On 08/04/2023 at 19:38, Paullow said:

South Shields won 3-2 in front of 2700+ and now just need two points from their final 3 matches, or Warrington Town not to win all 3, and the title and promotion is theirs.

Shields play Warrington next weekend as well. 😉

Wrexham vs Notts County is such a big match on BT Sport tomorrow at 3pm. Very likely to decide who wins the league. I'll be watching that over whatever Championship or League One match Sky are showing at the same time.

2 hours ago, ennyoueffsea said:

Shields play Warrington next weekend as well. 😉

Yep, both have matches tomorrow. Shields at relatively local Whitby, and Warrington at Marine who could still just about make the playoffs, so a good chance that it's sorted then and Saturday becomes a celebration, but if Shields lose and Warrington win tomorrow, then it could be tasty.

10 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Wrexham vs Notts County is such a big match on BT Sport tomorrow at 3pm. Very likely to decide who wins the league. I'll be watching that over whatever Championship or League One match Sky are showing at the same time.

Both clubs deserve promotion back to the FL and, if they do, I'd anticipate one or other to get another promotion in 2023-24.

On 08/04/2023 at 19:38, Paullow said:

South Shields won 3-2 in front of 2700+ and now just need two points from their final 3 matches, or Warrington Town not to win all 3, and the title and promotion is theirs.

I’ve not been but S.Shields crowds are absolutely mad. Just the right amount of distance from town and chickentown.