Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Been at North Shields today - a game of 2 halves. Shields let 2-0 at HT with goals from Wilson and Larnoutj. How her, Worksop roared back in the 2nd, to win 3-2. Good entertainment infront of just over 400.

blyrh lost 1-0 at alfrefon and staying up is now out of their hands, ?

Ashington make the NL playoffs after a 1-1 draw at Bishop Auckland. 

Blyth Spartans beaten 1-0 away to a strong Alfreton team and, unfortunately, Farsley won.

They now need to win their final match, which is at home to midtable Herford.

3 points is likely to be enough to escape the drop as Kettering are in freefall and away at playoff hopefalls Kidderminster, while Farsley would be overhauled on goal difference if they lose at Spennymoor.

In the Northern Premier League East (ex Unibond), Consett survive with a 4-2 win over Lincoln United. As the results panned out, had they lost then Lincoln would have jumped ahead of them and they would have faced a relegation playoff, but survival secured in their first season at this level. I would have gone if they weather was better.

Shildon are down though. They won today, but Carlton beat Dunston to secure a relegation playoff spot and send Shildon down. That result also ends Dunston's playoff hopes. I guess you can't say for sure, because other teams may have got win of the score and saw games out etc. but again, looking at the table, had Dunston won 2-0 instead of losing by that score, they would have joined Hebburn in the playoffs at the expense of Stocksbridge.

Morpeth and Marske survive in the league above (although they may have been safe already, not sure).

Edited by Paullow

49 minutes ago, Stifler said:

York look to have avoided relegation. They can only be caught level on points, but have a far superior goal difference.

Was in attendance with The Prontoniser this aft. Entertaining second half; two penalties for York; one scored, one missed but the second ultimately resulting in an own goal. :lol: Quality was absolutely diabolical really. Massive relief at the assumed survival and hopefully better times to come next season. 

Canny crowd; 5700 including 300 up from Aldershot. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Was in attendance with The Prontoniser this aft. Entertaining second half; two penalties for York; one scored, one missed but the second ultimately resulting in an own goal. :lol: Quality was absolutely diabolical really. Massive relief at the assumed survival and hopefully better times to come next season. 

Canny crowd; 5700 including 300 up from Aldershot. 

First half was the pits especially for a home team that needed a result.

North Shields despite looking like they were getting relegated at Christmas time, finished 7th.

If the FA approve of them staying up, I wonder if it would take much to add to the team for a promotion push next season.

4 hours ago, Paullow said:

In the Northern Premier League East (ex Unibond), Consett survive with a 4-2 win over Lincoln United. As the results panned out, had they lost then Lincoln would have jumped ahead of them and they would have faced a relegation playoff, but survival secured in their first season at this level. I would have gone if they weather was better.

Shildon are down though. They won today, but Carlton beat Dunston to secure a relegation playoff spot and send Shildon down. That result also ends Dunston's playoff hopes. I guess you can't say for sure, because other teams may have got win of the score and saw games out etc. but again, looking at the table, had Dunston won 2-0 instead of losing by that score, they would have joined Hebburn in the playoffs at the expense of Stocksbridge.

Morpeth and Marske survive in the league above (although they may have been safe already, not sure).

Just saw the Northern League table and Ashington drew 1-1 at Bishop Auckland on the final days of the season in front of a crowd of 894. 3rd vs 2nd with the promotion playoff on the line. Looks like Ashington will now face either Carlton or Lincoln U away in a one off tie, a bit like what Consett had last year. It would be good to get both Newton Aycliffe and Ashington up, and in time, for that Unibond East league to kind of be a level above mini Northern League.

Decent crowd at 'Boro Rangers' as well in the league below, 704, against Horden.

Edited by Paullow

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

North Shields despite looking like they were getting relegated at Christmas time, finished 7th.

If the FA approve of them staying up, I wonder if it would take much to add to the team for a promotion push next season.

Need a regular goalscorer. Dan Wilson is a good target man, but he just doesn’t get enough goals. 

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Going up a level or two or something behind the scenes? Seems odd.

There are rumours doing the rounds that he is off to Solihull in the conference and an ITK told me it’s actually higher up the league and he’s off to Burton.

There are definitely changes behind the scenes as though well as it seems the funding tap will dry up for a little while as the club tries and becomes more sustainable.

Im not privy to the internal workings of the club just rumours and hearsay I’ve heard that there are a lot of players on good money (6 figure’s yearly) who they could do with moving on and getting cheaper options. 

From my point of view we have a set up that is supposed to have professional players and staff and if the rumours are true they train like they are part time. As much as he/the club may say otherwise Sewper Kev never seemed that invested and wasn’t an improvement on Fenton. 

Poor Paully. Hebburn out on pens (missed their final 3 after an early lead), but Stockton are through on pens. Stockton vs Long Eaton final, presumably at Stockton's ground.

Edited by Paullow

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Poor Paully. Hebburn out on pens (missed their final 3 after an early lead), but Stockton are through on pens. Stockton vs Long Eaton final, presumably at Stockton's ground.

Ha aye gutted mate - mental match!