Aston Villa 1-1 Newcastle United - 24/09/16, post match from pg. 27

Disco

If we were in this position with any other manager we'd be calling for change. see ya in May ????

No we wouldn't.

I mean people like yourself who may or may not be on the spectrum might but people who can count without using their fingers and toes would probably think a bit more rationally.

Let's not get into the semantics of ones mental well being here.

As things stand we aren't going up. That is a fact.

5th place gets into the playoffs so I don't think that you could write us off yet even if the season did end after 9 games. But since it doesn't, if it takes a little time for everything to really click then so be it. I don't think that's a 1 month thing or a 2 month thing but a continual process to maintain levels.

tbh this is the first time in ages that an appeal to fans to remain patient sounds like reasonable counsel.

5th place, we really are clutching at straws. Given our resources 5th place is embarrassing even at this stage of the season.

Ridiculous amount of excuses being trotted out when it comes to Rafa. Team needs time to click etc. I haven't seen anything to suggest we are going to create enough and be consistent enough to gain promotion. That is down to the manager.

Let's completely ignore the good run that had us into 2nd though because obviously it doesn't count and If we win on Wednesday that totally doesn't count either. But if we lose on Wednesday let's definitely make a point about it and blame Rafa.

We need a couple of experienced / intelligent players to take those sort of games by the scruff of the neck and alleviate the pressure when the opposition are getting into it and on top. Someone like a Gutierrez or a Barton / Nolan who can at least organise those around them to maintain possession.

Once we hit a shaky patch it turns into defence vs attack until the final whistle goes or try score and the teams reset

Guest neesy111

Hated that 2nd half, but ultimately it was a point away from home against one of the better teams in the league.

Still can't get owa the way their fans carried on. Tragic celebrations, yet again.

Sorry but our fans are just as bad.  Singing about how shit they were when only 1-0 up, great way to get their fans riled and actually change the atmosphere in their favour.

Hated that 2nd half, but ultimately it was a point away from home against one of the better teams in the league.

Still can't get owa the way their fans carried on. Tragic celebrations, yet again.

Sorry but our fans are just as bad.  Singing about how shit they were when only 1-0 up, great way to get their fans riled and actually change the atmosphere in their favour.

We barely even produced an atmosphere in the ground yesterday. Was shit.

Atmosphere sounded so quiet from our fans. Surprising as the last 5.30 away game at Derby was bouncing. Wonder what the reason for been quiet yesterday was?

Mitrovic with one of the worst cameos I've seen in a long time for us.

And regarding the poster at the top of this page saying its a disgrace we are 5th with our resources. Spending money and having the best players and manager on paper doesn't always guarantee instant success.

We will be top 2 by the end of November though I am confident in that

Sorry but our fans are just as bad.  Singing about how s*** they were when only 1-0 up, great way to get their fans riled and actually change the atmosphere in their favour.

We barely even produced an atmosphere in the ground yesterday. Was s***.

This is correct, was better than the total silence from our fans at the same ground in May but still quiet for long periods. Add in old favourites such as "your support is fucking shit", songs about winning the league and booing during the 17th minute cos Villa didn't join in and it was a proper cringe-fest.

'Sent you down', 'and again' and 'Geordie scum' chants had regular airings. All rather odd.

The atmosphere was decent though, in the Holte End anyway. Definitely no worse than I experienced in the Gallowgate the last few seasons I was going.

'Sent you down', 'and again' and 'Geordie scum' chants had regular airings. All rather odd.

The atmosphere was decent though, in the Holte End anyway. Definitely no worse than I experienced in the Gallowgate the last few seasons I was going.

They are the weirdest set of fans going, it's unbelievable really. Holte end only turned up the last 10 minutes.

Guest neesy111

They are the weirdest set of fans going, it's unbelievable really. Holte end only turned up the last 10 minutes.

Yet SJP hardly gets going full stop.  I think pot calling kettle when we are criticising other fans tbh.

If we were in this position with any other manager we'd be calling for change. see ya in May ????

No we wouldn't.

I mean people like yourself who may or may not be on the spectrum might but people who can count without using their fingers and toes would probably think a bit more rationally.

Let's not get into the semantics of ones mental well being here.

As things stand we aren't going up. That is a fact.

all this s**** about his attention to detail yet he continues to pick a GK so far out of his depth it's not even funny.

Rafalution, in Rafa we trust, Rafa knows best..... What a load of bollocks.

Come back when you can differentiate fact from opinion.

Yet SJP hardly gets going full stop.  I think pot calling kettle when we are criticising other fans tbh.

The corner produces a much better atmos than them dafties tbh. No bias.

I'd have settled for a point at kick off, but we should have been out of sight by half-time in all honesty. Shelvey ran the show in midfield, but was let down by poor finishing from Gayle and Diame and of course, Sels flapping in goal didn't help either. Was really disappointed by how we seemed to fall apart when Tiote came on the field. Hanging on for grim death at the end. :(

I think Benitez needs to take Sels out of the firing line and also bring Perez back in for Norwich in the place of Diame.

Guest neesy111

I'd have settled for a point at kick off, but we should have been out of sight by half-time in all honesty. Shelvey ran the show in midfield, but was let down by poor finishing from Gayle and Diame and of course, Sels flapping in goal didn't help either. Was really disappointed by how we seemed to fall apart when Tiote came on the field. Hanging on for grim death at the end. :(

I think Benitez needs to take Sels out of the firing line and also bring Perez back in for Norwich in the place of Diame.

For as good he was 1st half, shelvey was a shambles 2nd half.

There support is f***ing s*** though to be fair. I don't like that either usually but seeing as they think they are some huge supported club it was appropriate when there was 10,000 empty seats for there cup final

It's just an unoriginal, lazy chant that was probably funny in 2005, the sort of thing that is (ironically) the hallmark of shit support. Not just our fans, I think the same when it gets aired at SJP every other week by whichever set of away fans is enjoying their big day out that day. Well done lads, haven't heard that one before!!  :rolleyes:

Tbf to the Villa fans yesterday, they roused their team for the last 25 minutes when they were down and that spurred their team on to up their game.

Just watched the highlights, how on Earth we didn't win that game I do not know :lol: Some terrible finishing.

The only chances they created were from set pieces at the end of the game, they were shocking and I think their league position is reflective of how they are playing.

Beat Norwich on Wednesday and all is well in the NUFC camp.