Aston Villa 1-1 Newcastle United - 24/09/16, post match from pg. 27

Disco

I'd have settled for a point at kick off, but we should have been out of sight by half-time in all honesty. Shelvey ran the show in midfield, but was let down by poor finishing from Gayle and Diame and of course, Sels flapping in goal didn't help either. Was really disappointed by how we seemed to fall apart when Tiote came on the field. Hanging on for grim death at the end. :(

I think Benitez needs to take Sels out of the firing line and also bring Perez back in for Norwich in the place of Diame.

For as good he was 1st half, shelvey was a shambles 2nd half.

Can't remember, but did Villa by any chance deny him time on the ball in the 2nd half?

If we were in this position with any other manager we'd be calling for change. see ya in May ????

No we wouldn't.

I mean people like yourself who may or may not be on the spectrum might but people who can count without using their fingers and toes would probably think a bit more rationally.

Let's not get into the semantics of ones mental well being here.

As things stand we aren't going up. That is a fact.

5th place gets into the playoffs so I don't think that you could write us off yet even if the season did end after 9 games. But since it doesn't, if it takes a little time for everything to really click then so be it. I don't think that's a 1 month thing or a 2 month thing but a continual process to maintain levels.

tbh this is the first time in ages that an appeal to fans to remain patient sounds like reasonable counsel.

5th place, we really are clutching at straws. Given our resources 5th place is embarrassing even at this stage of the season.

Ridiculous amount of excuses being trotted out when it comes to Rafa. Team needs time to click etc. I haven't seen anything to suggest we are going to create enough and be consistent enough to gain promotion. That is down to the manager.

You sir are either really fucking stupid, or an excellent troll, it's hard to tell which of the two.

Good day.

Being stupid for forming an opinion on us being 9th in the table after our subsequent investment and resources is fine by me but maybe those that continue to be blinded by the fact we are under performing massively may need to question themselves.

resources?  we spent 80 million and got relegated  :lol:

you build a spirit, you build a team. if its not this year then we try next, we have bought in effect sub standard championship players with the exception of Ritchie, together with shite prem players like Perez and Mitro we are at our level with a touch of class about us , Rafa is a football man, he's changing a rotten club, were all behind him come what may.

he's far from perfect but he's making the club fun to be around again, weve been blindly following all my life so that won't change...........good or bad

Being stupid for forming an opinion on us being 9th in the table after our subsequent investment and resources is fine by me but maybe those that continue to be blinded by the fact we are under performing massively may need to question themselves.

Thats after last nights results.

Win tonight and we could go back to 3rd??!!

Still too early to be panicking yet, IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

Lads, he's already been outed as a WUM a week or so ago, just ignore the little dullard and save yourself the anguish.

I dont know why everyone is so negative towards this bloke. After all after the portsmouth game you were all licking his arse stating how much of a good job he has done etc etc etc. Now after a poor xmas period (which we never fucking do well in anyway) you want him out. From reading this forum for a while everytime we go through a bad patch the majority of regular posters want the manager out. Joe Kinnear has done a decent job considering the state that the club is in. Had we won those tight games in which we drew we would be level on points with Wigan who by all accounts are having a great season.

What we need is a little bit of stability and if Kinnear is going to give us a few seasons of mid table consolodation while putting in place a quality scouting network and continue to develop our academy then so be it.

The last thing we need is to get rid of him and bring in another high paid so called savoiur only to be in the same position. The problems we have are not going be fixed by changing the manager, its much deeper than that. If it wasnt for Kinnear lets face it we would probably be bottom of the league right now, but with Kinnear we are in 11th position.

The problem with this forum is that the majority of posters only know Newcastle United from KK first reign in charge and therefore havent seen or experienced the dark days of the eighties and early ninety's where we were really shit. I am not saying this position that the club finds itself in is acceptable but it could be a lot worse....look at Leeds United.

Kinnear done miracles at Wimbledon, give him a chance to change us around..... we may be suprised

Win tonight and we could go back to 3rd??!!

Still too early to be panicking yet, IMO.

Aye win tonight and we're third, 1 point off second.  A lot of new players bedding in as well so its far from silly to suggest we still need time to gel, so yeah far too early to worry.