Rotherham United 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/10/16 post match blather from p23

BlueStar

Another comfortable win, aside from a 2-3min spell where we unsurprisingly looked shite defending corners again they had virtually nothing. One shot on target all match, whilst we had several chances to make it look better on paper.

Onwards and upwards. :thup:

Thought that we were fairly comfortable, considering that we were away from home.

One or two shakey moments, but did Darlow even have a save to make?

They hit the bar and post to be fair. We looked comfortable in a very lethargic way yeah.

All round bad performance but cant complain with the end result.

Thoughts are that Diame has had enough chances and needs dropped, Mitro needs more game time, Clark is a very, very good championship defender.

Colback & Dummett out of the team too please.

I thought Diame was quite clever, one or two lovely touches to put Atsu in.

Huddersfield win again, the buggers.

They'll fizzle out over the course of the season though, there's no way they can keep it up, they don't have the depth of us or Norwich.

The owld Leicester City argument.

The owld 5000-1 argument. ;)

The expectations of some of you lot on here man.  Pathetic.

We did what we needed to.

It's not pathetic mind, we cant always look amazing but some of our performances are a bit concerning, there's a fine line between poor performances and bad results, we are doing enough and we wont batter everyone all the time, but there are some concerns there I think.

Solid defensively though, and another 3 points which I'm delighted with, it is possible to enjoy a win and comment on the issues as well you know.

Atsu aside I don't think anyone was at their best today while at the same time I only think Dummett wasn't up to scratch. Think we had another gear to go to but I imagine Wednesday took a lot out of them so they were happy to keep it in reserve. They were shite aside from bombardment so it wasn't needed.

Happy days.

Colback terrible as usual. Had a simple 3 yard pass to make to Shelvey at the end and absolutely pinged it at him. Fucking cretin.

Colback has a very good game IMO, albeit lost his composure in the final 10 or so. He did the dogwork for the team very well today.

Disclaimer - obviously I still don't want him playing.

All round bad performance but cant complain with the end result.

Thoughts are that Diame has had enough chances and needs dropped, Mitro needs more game time, Clark is a very, very good championship defender.

Colback & Dummett out of the team too please.

I thought Diame was quite clever, one or two lovely touches to put Atsu in.

Thought he was good 2nd half tbh.

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Guest neesy111

Atsu aside I don't think anyone was at their best today while at the same time I only think Dummett wasn't up to scratch. Think we had another gear to go to but I imagine Wednesday took a lot out of them so they were happy to keep it in reserve.

It's these games we need to win to go up.  Not at our best but grind a win out.