Newcastle United v Preston North End (League Cup) - 25/10/16 at 19:45 (no UK TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

If Shelvey gets rested I'm wondering if we may actually see Anita in his role.

Do we have fans who still believe that Anita could be the lynchpin around who we can put out a winning team? He's doing just fine as a full back, leave him there to battle for a place with Yedlin. Then get rid if we go up.

Then get rid if we go up? Do you think we're gonna get rid of 90% of our current players if we go up? We wont! And Anita is a good player for us and has done well at RB in the PL as well. Think Rafa will keep him as he's tactically intelligent and also a good footballer although limited to some degree.

There's many other players that i would like to see us get rid of before Anita. Anita isn't a world beater or anything but he is professional and consistent when he plays regularly. I like his attitude.

I think the idea of doubling the prices today as well as having no cash turnstiles will stop us from getting our biggest ever home League Cup crowd – crackers really!

Discourages stupid queues. People have had weeks to get tickets!

With midweek games a lot of people have work commitments and don't know if they can make it until the day of the match, sometimes last minute. Understand why they've done it (for the reasons you've mentioned) but £15 would have been fairer rather than doubling the prices. Also should have allowed cash turnstiles in Leazes level 7 because that will be empty tonight as Preston only bringing 1,000.

Still 45,000 is a remarkable show of support from the fans for what is a League cup 4th round tie between two 2nd division clubs and I think we're now showing Ashley what he could have had all those years ago if he'd ran the club properly.

As a comparison, Sunderland got 13,000 charging the same prices in this competition a few weeks ago v Shrewsbury and when they played Man Utd in the Semis a couple of years ago they only managed 31,000 with 6k of those away fans.

As for the team I expect Sels, Hanley, Mbemba Lazaar, Diame, Atsu, Hayden and Mitrovic to come in to the starting XI.

I think the idea of doubling the prices today as well as having no cash turnstiles will stop us from getting our biggest ever home League Cup crowd – crackers really!

With midweek games a lot of people have work commitments and don't know if they can make it until the day of the match, sometimes last minute. Understand why they've done it (for the reasons you've mentioned) but £15 would have been fairer rather than doubling the prices. Also should have allowed cash turnstiles in Leazes level 7 because that will be empty tonight as Preston only bringing 1,000.

Still 45,000 is a remarkable show of support from the fans for what is a League cup 4th round tie between two 2nd division clubs and I think we're now showing Ashley what he could have had all those years ago if he'd ran the club properly.

As a comparison, Sunderland got 13,000 charging the same prices in this competition a few weeks ago v Shrewsbury and when they played Man Utd in the Semis a couple of years ago they only managed 31,000 with 6k of those away fans.

As for the team I expect Sels, Hanley, Mbemba Lazaar, Diame, Atsu, Hayden and Mitrovic to come in to the starting XI.

Nobody gives a fuck how many Sunderland got man :lol:

Nobody gives a f*** how many Sunderland got man :lol:

Well don't pass comment then you absolute cretin.

Someone's got to tell you,  it's getting embarrassing.

Couldn't care less. I find 99% of your posts embarrassing/cringeworthy but I'm too polite to say so.

Couldn't care less. I find 99% of your posts embarrassing/cringeworthy but I'm too polite to say so.

99%? Get in.  Shoo in for most improved poster this year then.

This is what happens when they don't dish free tickets out. They only dish them out for league games so when they are in the cup it doesn't matter who they play, it tells by their crowds. Tin pot club.