Newcastle United 2-1 Cardiff City - 05/11/16 - reaction from page 11

Disco

Just had a flashback to Ben Amos winning a free kick after being clattered punching the ball away and having the audacity to try and take it from outside the box.

Stupid c***.

That was hilarious. Was he even fouled by our man? A Cardiff player obscured my view so I couldn't quite see the incident but Rafa was going crazy at the fourth official

The comical art was the fact that the linesman was doing nothing about it. The ref only signalled him to take it back because of the reaction by the crowd.

That linesman was fucking useless.

Quite enjoyed Shelvey waving to the Cardiff fans, who'd called him a fat b******.

One of the worst away followings I've ever seen up here. Especially considering it was a Saturday 3pm match.

Aston Villa was the worst one I can remember.  It was the game when Ben Arfa scored an absolute screamer in a 1-1 draw in 2012. Villa brought about 800 max.  Fulham are absolutely pathetic but they don't scream about being huge, and neither do Cardiff.  Aston Villa tell everyone they're the Real Madrid of the Midlands, when the truth is their club has so little character and support, they should wear all brown rather than claret and blue.

Quite enjoyed Shelvey waving to the Cardiff fans, who'd called him a fat b******.

One of the worst away followings I've ever seen up here. Especially considering it was a Saturday 3pm match.

Aston Villa was the worst one I can remember.  It was the game when Ben Arfa scored an absolute screamer in a 1-1 draw in 2012. Villa brought about 800 max.  Fulham are absolutely pathetic but they don't scream about being huge, and neither do Cardiff.  Aston Villa tell everyone they're the Real Madrid of the Midlands, when the truth is their club has so little character and support, they should wear all brown rather than claret and blue.

Yet all the Villa fans I've met have been canny. I agree the way they come over online like.

Yet all the Villa fans I've met have been canny. I agree the way they come over online like.

I've checked a few forums since we've come down to get a better gauge of the league and VillaTalk is probably one of the better ones tbh. The Brighton forum doesn't look bad either.

That Preston forum was RTG levels.

Nobody can beat the shitness of Wigans support.

When they took about 40 to Norwich :lol:

B_Ryz57WoAAJd6Q.jpg

You have to applaud those that turned up. They're a small club who punched above their weight for a while. Always find it strange taking the rise out of some teams support to those that actually make the effort.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/winners-losers-cardiff-citys-defeat-12136130?

This Cardiff journalist seems impressed with us.

Their trip to Newcastle United was an eye-opener in terms of how the quality at the top of the league has jumped this season.

Most of Newcastle’s XI were Premier League quality; the speed, vision, awareness and Ayoze Perez a treat to watch for the neutral. Their pace, fluidity and poise on the ball was something you rarely see at this level. Cardiff didn’t really have the tools to match it.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/winners-losers-cardiff-citys-defeat-12136130?

This Cardiff journalist seems impressed with us.

Their trip to Newcastle United was an eye-opener in terms of how the quality at the top of the league has jumped this season.

Most of Newcastle’s XI were Premier League quality; the speed, vision, awareness and Ayoze Perez a treat to watch for the neutral. Their pace, fluidity and poise on the ball was something you rarely see at this level. Cardiff didn’t really have the tools to match it.

That maybe an occasion of a journalist typing up his copy from the bar.

When they took about 40 to Norwich [emoji38]

B_Ryz57WoAAJd6Q.jpg

You have to applaud those that turned up. They're a small club who punched above their weight for a while. Always find it strange taking the rise out of some teams support to those that actually make the effort.

Aye. This has been a complaint of mine in this division. The whole "your support is fucking shit" "[insert team name] here is a shithole" brigade bore me. In this division they are proper fans from mainly Northern towns that have been decimated over previous decades and actually we can probably relate to.

Newcastle might be beautiful and gods country and all that but there's no need to be twats about it. At least these people support their home towns and shit teams. [emoji38]

B_Ryz57WoAAJd6Q.jpg

Aye. This has been a complaint of mine in this division. The whole "your support is f***ing s***" "[insert team name] here is a shithole" brigade bore me. In this division they are proper fans from mainly Northern towns that have been decimated over previous decades and actually we can probably relate to.

Newcastle might be beautiful and gods country and all that but there's no need to be t***s about it. At least these people support their home towns and s*** teams. [emoji38]

Totally  O0

B_Ryz57WoAAJd6Q.jpg

Aye. This has been a complaint of mine in this division. The whole "your support is f***ing s***" "[insert team name] here is a shithole" brigade bore me. In this division they are proper fans from mainly Northern towns that have been decimated over previous decades and actually we can probably relate to.

Newcastle might be beautiful and gods country and all that but there's no need to be t***s about it. At least these people support their home towns and s*** teams. [emoji38]

Last week a rendition of "Preston's a shithole, I wanna go home" was immediately with "I want to stay here, and drink all your beer".

Fucking make your mind up.  :lol:

B_Ryz57WoAAJd6Q.jpg

Last week a rendition of "Preston's a shithole, I wanna go home" was immediately with "I want to stay here, and drink all your beer".

f***ing make your mind up.  :lol:

Something I've noticed with you youngsters, the same songs week after week and very little humour.

Aye. I laughed at that too and said how thick it was. Even worse is the fact that some sing sniff all your gear like they're big and clever when actually it makes us look like rotten little smack heads.

Just go back to singing about travelling to Merseyside and Chelsea fans lying dead at our feet. :thup: [emoji38]

When they took about 40 to Norwich :lol:

B_Ryz57WoAAJd6Q.jpg

I absolutely applaud those who travelled, especially because it cant be much fun to go to an away game with that few others and it looks like a night game in the travel nightmare of Norwich.

If the ball was egg shaped and the players had a few more Sunday roasts, I think they'd have had a lot more turn up. Wigan is a rugby town, which explains their low (or shite, depending how you view it) support.

I'm much happier to see lower league fans rather than those who take the option to cling onto their 'big teams'. It was great to see so many young kids at Preston in the home end the other week.

I thought that was Shelvey 's quietest game for a while. Agree with the Atsu mark though,  I thought he was disappointing despite scoring

Aye but a 5?  :lol:

I thought Atsu was poor mind, hardly involved and missed a sitter.

Ayoze was anonymous.

I thought it was a pretty poor game and we should have been out of sight before they had any meaningful chances.  We were solid enough, but perhaps a better team would have exploited us on the day.

I thought Hayden was easily on his way to MOTM, but seemed to go missing in the last 15-20 minutes.  Mitro was good, if a bit wasteful in front of goal.  Dummett and Lascelles were both solid enough, same for Yedlin.  Clark was probably MOTM.  He is no nonsense and loves a smash.  But TBF to him, he is actually pretty decent on the ball.  Went on a mazy run early on and skinned one of their players with a drag back in the left channel :lol:

I thought we were mediocre going forward.  Atsu started brightly, then looked scared to take on his man.  Gouffran doesn't have the ability to beat a man, so we had no real quality on a regular basis from out wide.  Nice that they both scored, I suppose  :laugh:

Only been to QPR away this season and I had forgotten how bad the officiating is.  Just constantly getting things wrong, missing blatant fouls and offsides and no consistency whatsoever.  The ref rarely seems to have control of a game, either. 

Oh and I'm sure it has already been mentioned 100 times.  But it seemed like half the ground started applauding for 20 seconds of the minute's silence  :anguish:  I could kind of understand it if it was for an ex-player dying or something.  Nobody ever seems sure so just goes with the applause and grounds seem to go with that as the safe option, anyway.  But surely it was pretty obvious it was for Remembrance Day?!