Newcastle United 2-1 Cardiff City - 05/11/16 - reaction from page 11

Disco

Embarrassing minutes silence.

It was confusion more than embarrassing, L7 started clapping then realised that silence was required; I'll not criticise, it was well intended

They are deaf and thick. It was well advertised in advance and announced numerous times before kick off.

It was confusion more than embarrassing, L7 started clapping then realised that silence was required; I'll not criticise, it was well intended

They are deaf and thick. It was well advertised in advance and announced numerous times before kick off.

4-0 Mitro hat trick and Atsu.

If Atsu  scores, I'll donate £2 to charity

Well?

£2 [emoji38] tight c***

Unless he's like 12 he'd have to be a ridiculous t*** not coughing that up like.

If it's not real at least make it an obviously preposterous amount of money  :lol:

Didn't matter really did it? I thought it was impeccably observed

Stunned Warnock is moaning about that tussle in our box. Was a blatant foul on Mitrovic, had an impeccable view from my seat. Shame the highlight don't shed much light.

Their player had Mitrovic in a head lock, never a pen.

It was a strange game, in that an awful lot of time elapsed where literally nothing of note happened.

We basically play when we need to. We weren't great today but we missed Ritchie a lot, I know that's a strange thing to say when his direct replacement scored but I'll come on to that. I guess the biggest miss was Gayle, as the lack of threat in behind meant Cardiff could squeeze us up quite a bit and Mitrovic was up against two giants. I don't recall Perez doing anything at all. The officiating was absolute bollocks as well, particularly the linesman who didn't seem to know the offside rule when Cardiff were attacking in the first half, and some pathetic refereeing which has become part and parcel of this division.

Atsu was in and out of the game, whereas Ritchie is prominently involved in most of our attacks. Don't get me wrong, Atsu is a useful player but Ritchie is noticeably a class above, as he is compared with most players in the Championship. Shelvey was a bit quieter today but he and Hayden still controlled the game for the most part. Darlow didn't look as assured as he has in some games in dealing with corners but it didn't cost us, whilst Clark has been excellent since getting into the side. He's better on the ball than Lascelles and is doing a bit of an underrated job in there. Dummett also had a very good game, though he probably should have squared that chance he had.

I'd be astonished if we didn't go up but it'll be a tough match at Leeds in a few weeks. They're in great form and there's going to be a full house, though it has to be said that doesn't seem to bother us and we'll find a way to get the job done.

The disrespect shown by those clapping during a minute silence to remember our fallen heroes is a DISGRACE

Given the nature of this forum I suspect this is sarcastic.

Nonetheless we made ourselves look like utter fucking mongs by some dipshits clapping despite being told not to

It was a strange performance, because you felt if we stepped it up a bit we could have done them similar to what we did last time down here and got 4 or 5; but the second half we seemed to get caught in between attacking for more or just playing out the result - in the end not really doing either particularly well. So you had what was a very poor Cardiff side somehow making it nervous for us.