Newcastle Utd. v Notts Forest 30/12/16 at 7.45pm (not on TV)

shintonsghost

I wouldn't be against seeing several changes, both to the line-up and the formation. It obviously didn't work against Blackburn but most of the players were rubbish against both Sheff Wed and Burton, deservedly losing at home against the former.

He isn't as choppy-changey as he was at the start of the season and I wonder if the established first eleven players are getting a touch complacent.

Darlow

Yedlin

Lascelles

Clark

Lazaar

Atsu

Diame

Hayden

Ritchie

Gayle

Mitrovic

... Obviously won't happen but I'd like to see us mix it up. If Lazaar is incompetent just hook him.

That would be my exact team too.

I wouldn't be against seeing several changes, both to the line-up and the formation. It obviously didn't work against Blackburn but most of the players were rubbish against both Sheff Wed and Burton, deservedly losing at home against the former.

He isn't as choppy-changey as he was at the start of the season and I wonder if the established first eleven players are getting a touch complacent.

Darlow

Yedlin

Lascelles

Clark

Lazaar

Atsu

Diame

Hayden

Ritchie

Gayle

Mitrovic

... Obviously won't happen but I'd like to see us mix it up. If Lazaar is incompetent just hook him.

That's the team I'd love to see as well. Don't think Forest could cope with that.

Wouldn't be averse to dropping Lascelles either tbh. Badly needs to learn how to pass a ball, for starters.

Funnily enough that was going to be my one suggested change to your team. I would like to see Hanley alongside Clark when we've two more progressive fullbacks. However, given the abuse Lascelles got from Forest fans and his horrible (for him/us) OG, I reckon he'll be right up for this. Starting to look like he needs a rest/competition though.

I was in the NINE bar before the game on boxing day and I'm sure the announcer said they show all home games in there on the tellies, can anyone confirm this or was I hearing things? Waited too long to get a Forest ticket and fancy watching it.

Nein

Wouldn't be averse to dropping Lascelles either tbh. Badly needs to learn how to pass a ball, for starters.

While I wouldn't disagree with that you have to look a bit further forward to lay blame for the rank passing on Monday. Both full backs were poor, especially Dummett, the wide men were non-existent and Colback was a spectator. Too many players in that 11 weren't comfortable with the ball.

Need to start well. Every game we've lost at home this season we've started s***, never recovered and paid the price.

It may seem obvious but it's all down to the first goal with us. If we concede it, we don't come back, it was a problem for years before Rafa arrived and it's still a problem with him now which say's a lot about the mentality of the players.

I'd love to see us play Mitro / Gayle up front and get wide, putting crosses in the box, but Rafa will stick with 4-2-3-1. I'd drop Colback...in the sea, quite far out actually. Same with Dummett.

Team I'd play: Darlow; Yedlin, Mbemba, Clark, Lazaar; Hayden, Anita; Atsu, Ritchie; Mitro, Gayle.

Team I think will go: Darlow, Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Dummett; Hayden, Anita; Atsu, Perez, Gouffran; Gayle.

I'm sure I read somewhere earlier that this game would be on foreign Tv. Guess it was the wrong info?

By the way, if Mitro does end up leaving anytime, I hope Rafa atleast tries playing him with Gayle before he decides Mitro isn't suitable with his style.

I'm sure I read somewhere earlier that this game would be on foreign Tv. Guess it was the wrong info?

By the way, if Mitro does end up leaving anytime, I hope Rafa atleast tries playing him with Gayle before he decides Mitro isn't suitable with his style.

Blackburn is I think not this one.

Blackburn is I think not this one.

Blackburn is on Sky anyways.

It may of just been the pub I was in on Boxing Day, but the 17th minute didn't seem to kick in until around 30 seconds and seemed quite muted. Was it just the TV or are people finally accepting how f*****g ridiculous it is?

That's exactly what happened.

Guest neesy111

People kicking off on Facebook saying people are disrespectful to the family for saying it shouldn't happen.  No it's not, it's an awful tragedy but a football match shouldn't really be the place to be respectful to the family.