Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 20/2/17 @ 8pm (live on SkySports 1)

Sir Toon

Fucking Colback and Gouffran man. Perez and Atsu would be more sexy.

I can understand his reluctance to start Shelvey and Diame in CM so I can deal with Perez being benched.

His loyalty to Gouffran on the left is fucking annoying though. Atsu has looked good in his recent cameos, he deserves a chance given that Gouffran is absolutely shit.

Colback is playing, so I'm not confident at all.

I expect a loss every time I see him on the team sheet.

Every good result with him playing is a big relief.

Agree it bafflies me it really does how him and Gouffran keep getting a game

Atsu must be garbage in training.

It's pretty mad, like. By all accounts had a good tournament in Africa and looked bright when he came on against Norwich. It'd be nice to see someone in the side who looks capable of beating a player; there's only Shelvey who I've any confidence in doing so. Gouffran certainly can't and, tbh, it's a long while since he had any kind of meaningful contribution. Can't understand the loyalty towards him; maybe he doesn't feel Dummett is up to handling the left side on his own. Which wouldn't be entirely surprising, though it's not like he's had a bad season.

Really dunno how tonight's gonna go. I'm dying to watch us play well for more than about 30 minutes. Seems fucking ages since we did.

It's pretty mad, like. By all accounts had a good tournament in Africa and looked bright when he came on against Norwich. It'd be nice to see someone in the side who looks capable of beating a player; there's only Shelvey who I've any confidence in doing so. Gouffran certainly can't and, tbh, it's a long while since he had any kind of meaningful contribution. Can't understand the loyalty towards him; maybe he doesn't feel Dummett is up to handling the left side on his own. Which wouldn't be entirely surprising, though it's not like he's had a bad season.

Really dunno how tonight's gonna go. I'm dying to watch us play well for more than about 30 minutes. Seems fucking ages since we did.

The whole "Dummett needs to be protected" thing gets on my tits. He's a solid defender, at least at this level.

You'd swear we were up against fucking Cafu every week the way some people go on about the horrors of leaving Dummett exposed.

The whole "Dummett needs to be protected" thing gets on my tits. He's a solid defender, at least at this level.

You'd swear we were up against fucking Cafu every week the way some people go on about the horrors of leaving Dummett exposed.

I agree, fwiw.

I can understand his reluctance to start Shelvey and Diame in CM so I can deal with Perez being benched.

His loyalty to Gouffran on the left is fucking annoying though. Atsu has looked good in his recent cameos, he deserves a chance given that Gouffran is absolutely shit.

Purely down to Rafa's caution and preference for shape and defensive solidity first and foremost.

I agree, fwiw.

I know you do. You're a smart guy, Yorkie. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Purely down to Rafa's caution and preference for shape and defensive solidity first and foremost.

Aye I know why he does it, just think it's a bit shit.

Take the superior talent and coach him up so he can do enough defensively rather than start the donkey who you know will graft all day because it's all he can do out there. Hopefully Gouffran will get his random goal out of nowhere tonight and all will work out.