Essien's goal

Guest stormrider

Great goal, but Taylor's (Matty) this weekend was better.

Hell no, it wasn't. Taylor's goal was pure luck, Essiens shot was simply brilliant.

:lol: Pure luck, ok. Guess it was also pure luck when he scored a similar (albeit not quite as spectacular) effort against the mackems last year.

I have actually scored few goals pretty similar to that.. If you put enough power and accuracy, it goes in. And it will be remembered. But it takes much much more to score goal like Essien's, you need great shooting technique for it. You don't need great shooting technique for goal like Taylor's, it was easy ball.

And those being greatest goals in Premiership.. Maybe.. You really don't see great goals in England much, in Spain or Italy they score goals like that every week.

Hell no, it wasn't. Taylor's goal was pure luck, Essiens shot was simply brilliant.

Bullshit, if he was just hammering the ball upfield then I would agree it was luck but he wasn't he was going for it as he was against Sunderland and it went in!

If that goal was pure luck then EVERY goal is luck, players miss from 2 yards out due to bad luck so does that mean all goals are good luck? If so there can't be such a thing as a good goal!

:lol:

Taylor's goal for GotM.

i agree,that he was possibly offside may count against him though :winking:

Guest geordieracer

i can't believe you think taylor's goal was better

it was a great goal, but essiens was one that leaves you gobsmacked

the fact the ball was rolling back to him, and he still managed to hit it so firm and kept it down with the swirve as well, was out of this world.

Guest geordieracer

as i say it was a great goal

but it just wasn't in the same league as essiens

the keeper was off his line, so it was instinctive to volley it, but essiens takes a lot better technique

Guest stormrider

Cracking goals even get more credited in big games. Best example on that is Albert's 5th goal vs. manure, if he scored that past scunthorpe it would have been such a big deal.

No it wouldn't.

yes, my bad. I meant wouldn't.

the technique involved with essien's goal was amazing. to hit it inch perfect with the toe/outside of the boot from 25-30 yards with that much velocity is rediculous.

Both  truely wonderful goals for me but I honestly prefer Essiens to Taylors. If anyone plays football they will know that the technique for that is harder than Taylors goal, the fact he had to swerve it so much to get it past Lehmann was brilliant. Add to the fact is was a huge game and Chelsea were facing their first home defeat in the league for 3 years adds value for me!

Both will be in the top 3 goals of the season for me  blueyes.gif

If anyone plays football they will know that the technique for that is harder than Taylors goal

Quite the contrary in my opinion! An instinctive volley from 40yards(?) means quick feet placement/adjustement, and then hitting the ball with as much power as possible yet still being able to apply the dip. Had Taylor scored Essien's goal and Essien scored a volley like Taylor's there wouldnt even be a debate.

Anyway this is evidently splitting opinions, so not much point arguing much more.