Reading 0-0 Newcastle United - 07/03/17 - Post-match reaction from page 8(!)

BlueStar

As I said in the pre-match thread, Reading is the worst part of the country to drive in. Fucking nightmare. I've literally never had a good experience when driving through there.

I learned to drive there, I was seeing multi-lane roundabouts in my sleep.

Guest neesy111

Anyone at the game say how Gamez played?

Well I watched it on th beamback, I thought he did a solid job.

So much singing for Paul bloody McShane  :lol:

We were the better side first half and probably should've been ahead at HT but Reading, to their credit, improved in the second and nearly nicked it at the death. McCleary in particular began to cause us a few problems after a quiet first 45. The players looked visibly tired in the latter stages - understandably so - but had we taken the lead in the first half, I think we would've won fairly comfortably. In terms of individual performances, Clark was probably the stand-out. Ritchie was excellent first half but faded later on as we gave up more of the ball; Murphy and Perez also put in good shifts. Gamez was reasonably solid if unspectacular (and takes a good throw-in on a separate note) but fully expect Anita to come back in for him for Fulham.

Enjoyed the game though - atmosphere was decent and the Reading fans in the corner closest to our lot were in good voice as well. Echo the sentiments about the Madejski though - getting in and out of the stadium was complete chaos.

As I said in the pre-match thread, Reading is the worst part of the country to drive in. Fucking nightmare. I've literally never had a good experience when driving through there.

Fuck that. I'd rather move :lol: 

How did you ever get anywhere? Train?

Stam has said that Brentford and Fulham are the best teams they've faced at home this season because they play possession football which is how he likes football to be played. Reading beat them both as well.

What a silly bald nonce.

Reading a fucking dump like. We stayed there & had a night out pre-Cardiff 05. Lifting. Rivals Southampton for large places down south that have no identity or character.

Anyone at the game say how Gamez played?

I thought he looked a bit uncomfortable at right back and understandably a bit off the pace. Solid enough, but I saw Ritchie telling him where to be on more than one occassion.

Fuck that. I'd rather move :lol: 

How did you ever get anywhere? Train?

Didn't go anywhere really. Reading exists because there's a fast train to London.

What an awful place btw. Busiest roads I have ever witnessed near a football ground! Took me about an hour 15mins to get from the A33 turn off to the ground and I was still sat close to where I parked (few hundred metres down from the ground) at 2300. I could understand if there were 50,000 fans, I just didn't understand where all the traffic was coming from/going to.

Would've been perfect if you fancied a Pizza Hut, McDonald's, KFC or a pile of wood and paint from B&Q though as that's all that was there!

Same here. Absolute joke. These stadiums in the middle of nowhere where 90 percent come by car are a disgrace to society. 90 mile drive home for me but didn't get in until nearly 1am as it took so long to get away.

Yep same here.  Seemed like quite a few fans were late to the game as well due to being stuck in traffic.  Joke!

We got on one of the buses at 6.50 and were 5mins late. Ridiculous.

Seems like drawing at Reading has caused a few to have mini-meltdown, listening to Total Sport on the way home.

Couple of texters 'Andy' and 'Big Kev Nixon' both wetting the bed about our form, and 'Big Kev' having a rant about how boring we are, and offering to meet Ando at the match to discuss Ando's commentaries. :lol:

Guessing the real reason 'Andy' and 'Big Kev' texted in, was that if they'd phoned in, their funny accents would have given the game away.  :rolleyes:

Though maybe... one of them is really Crumpy??!!  :lol:

Seems like drawing at Reading has caused a few to have mini-meltdown, listening to Total Sport on the way home.

Couple of texters 'Andy' and 'Big Kev Nixon' both wetting the bed about our form, and 'Big Kev' having a rant about how boring we are, and offering to meet Ando at the match to discuss Ando's commentaries. :lol:

Guessing the real reason 'Andy' and 'Big Kev' texted in, was that if they'd phoned in, their funny accents would have given the game away.  :rolleyes:

Though maybe... one of them is really Crumpy??!!  :lol:

I did have some (not so kind) words with Ando many years ago in the British Rail Club at Kings Cross whilst waiting for the rattler back north.