The other games today 2017/18

Greg

They will be certs for relegation next season, but Wagner has done a terrific job on very limited resources. If they are wise next season, they can do a 'Burnley' and set the club up for years, even if they go back down straightaway.

Fucking rugby cunts.

Cue media wankfest over that smug prick Wagner.

Reading is a rugby place as well, and the media would have just walked over Stam instead.

Reading are a plastic club, granted. Stam isn't a smug cunt though.

I also think Huddersfield more likely to stay up next season. The Reading squad is absolutely shit and Wagner has his lot running through brick walls for him. They'll give it a good go next year, despite the appalling quality of the side.

f***ing rugby c***s.

Cue media wankfest over that smug prick Wagner.

Reading is a rugby place as well, and the media would have just walked over Stam instead.

Reading are a plastic club, granted. Stam isn't a smug c*** though.

I also think Huddersfield more likely to stay up next season. The Reading squad is absolutely s*** and Wagner has his lot running through brick walls for him. They'll give it a good go next year, despite the appalling quality of the side.

I would hope we shouldn't be worried about either side. Huddersfield owned squad is probably a lot worse than Reading, actually a hell of a lot worse.

I'm sure Huddersfield's staff and fans couldn't give a flying fuck what their form is like :lol:

They did well over the course of the season and earnt it. They only dropped from 3rd because they were rotating and resting players.

Lets not all sit here like we're the kings of the world, this tinpot rugby club were a Derby equaliser away from putting us under huge amounts of pressure.

LO, looking back at their end of season, Huddersfield didn't win any of their last 8 games, and won one in 11, yet still promoted.

They beat Wolves away at the end of April.

Yep, they then proceed to draw three and lose two of their last 5 fixtures, "drawing" all three playoff games, that's 8 games by my maths.

Why is that the football league don't have a play-off between the 3rd placed team in Championship and 18th placed team in the PL?

Because it would be shit. You either have to close shop by making it either top 3 are promoted, or 3rd and 4th have a play off, or you open it up for the play offs as it is now. I think finishing in the bottom 3 places in the Premier League should result in relegation no matter what, even though it could very well have kept us up twice.

Heard loads of comments from the fans of the Sky elite clubs saying they should change the play offs somehow because today's match was boring. It may have been boring for us neutrals but was it boring for the clubs involved? Just because this years final was mostly boring it doesn't mean others arn't. This talk comes from fans of clubs who have nothing to talk about now that their own clubs season has finished and this is one of the last football matches they can enjoy for a couple of months and get irate about.

LO, looking back at their end of season, Huddersfield didn't win any of their last 8 games, and won one in 11, yet still promoted.

Yep, they then proceed to draw three and lose two of their last 5 fixtures, "drawing" all three playoff games, that's 8 games by my maths.

Your maths are shit then. They played 2 league games after their win over Wolves, then obviously the 3 playoff fixtures. That's 5.

Why is that the football league don't have a play-off between the 3rd placed team in Championship and 18th placed team in the PL?

Because it would be shit. You either have to close shop by making it either top 3 are promoted, or 3rd and 4th have a play off, or you open it up for the play offs as it is now. I think finishing in the bottom 3 places in the Premier League should result in relegation no matter what, even though it could very well have kept us up twice.

Heard loads of comments from the fans of the Sky elite clubs saying they should change the play offs somehow because today's match was boring. It may have been boring for us neutrals but was it boring for the clubs involved? Just because this years final was mostly boring it doesn't mean others arn't. This talk comes from fans of clubs who have nothing to talk about now that their own clubs season has finished and this is one of the last football matches they can enjoy for a couple of months and get irate about.

It was tried in the late 80's. I remember Leeds and Charlton being involved in such a game. Don't think that format lasted beyond a couple of seasons.

I'm sure Huddersfield's staff and fans couldn't give a flying fuck what their form is like :lol:

They did well over the course of the season and earnt it. They only dropped from 3rd because they were rotating and resting players.

Lets not all sit here like we're the kings of the world, this tinpot rugby club were a Derby equaliser away from putting us under huge amounts of pressure.

ive detected a lot of arrogance on here recently, i agree 100 % with this post, the table tells a story of it being easy in the end, it was far from it and if that Derby equaliser had not went in it could have been so different.....some say we will easily be mid table though  O0

One of the reasons it's done in Scotland is mostly because the teams below are shot and it's more beneficial to them to protect the decent Scottish teams incase they have one off poor season, than it is to let them be relegated and suffer serious financial problems. Of course in recent years that idea has been tested.

Indeed Huddersfield have made us lose more hair this season than Reading by far.

Faded away in the end and began to focus on getting ready for the play offs, but I have no doubt they deserved it more than the other three. Reading lost 7-1 to Norwich ;D that alone should speak volumes for how much that team deserves premier league football ;D Sickening for their new Chinese owners too who were hoping to cash in on some premier £££s

Your maths are s*** then. They played 2 league games after their win over Wolves, then obviously the 3 playoff fixtures. That's 5.

I was about to call you out for being your typical arsehole self  but you are right actually, the beeb site where I got that information from was including the playoff games. My apologies, still pretty woeful form of two wins in ten.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/tables