The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Bundesliga has playoffs between 3rd bottom and 3rd top, so it's not unheard of.

If you want the best quality teams in the upper division then this makes sense.

Who would be better for the PL next season - Hull or Huddersfield?

I like the drama from today but have to think that Huddersfield are overmatched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LO, looking back at their end of season, Huddersfield didn't win any of their last 8 games, and won one in 11, yet still promoted.

They beat Wolves away at the end of April.

Yep, they then proceed to draw three and lose two of their last 5 fixtures, "drawing" all three playoff games, that's 8 games by my maths.

Your maths are s*** then. They played 2 league games after their win over Wolves, then obviously the 3 playoff fixtures. That's 5.

I was about to call you out for being your typical arsehole self  but you are right actually, the beeb site where I got that information from was including the playoff games. My apologies, still pretty woeful form of two wins in ten.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/tables

:thup:

There are 24 teams in the championship, would be pretty grim if there was only 3 places to play for. Also the Premier League club has the big advantage of having a team that was built for the Premier League, and all the money associated with that

It's not fair though in the PL world, where the difference in budget is around 100 million. Actually saying that, the play off are not fair, it's just a way to keep most of the teams interested and from that standpoint it works. It's always been 3 up and 3 down and hopefully it will always stay that way, if you finish in the bottom three of a 20 team league, you should be relegated, not given another chance.

I'd like a play off for a fourth relegation spot from the next four teams above the relegated 3 teams. This Turd Bowl would stop owners/teams like Ashley/Pulis fc giving up at 40 points

France do this as well with our old friends Troyes AC beating Lorient over 2 legs to seal an immediate return to Ligue 1 last night.

LO, looking back at their end of season, Huddersfield didn't win any of their last 8 games, and won one in 11, yet still promoted.

They beat Wolves away at the end of April.

Yep, they then proceed to draw three and lose two of their last 5 fixtures, "drawing" all three playoff games, that's 8 games by my maths.

Your maths are s*** then. They played 2 league games after their win over Wolves, then obviously the 3 playoff fixtures. That's 5.

I was about to call you out for being your typical arsehole self  but you are right actually, the beeb site where I got that information from was including the playoff games. My apologies, still pretty woeful form of two wins in ten.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/tables

2 wins from 9 and not too dissimilar to our run of 2 wins in 8 from the Huddersfield win to the nervy Preston game with 3 games to go.

Why does everyone dislike Wagner? I'm genuinely interested, don't know anything about the bloke.

X factor Wagner or Ring Cycle Wagner?

If it's Ring Cycle Wagner he was a German with bad views on Jews. If it's the other he started on Cheryl Cole.

Guest chopey

Why does everyone dislike Wagner? I'm genuinely interested, don't know anything about the bloke.

Said that Huddersfield were better than us, which is standard for any manager to say.

He's a really likeable bloke and quite obviously a fairly talented manager.

And Klopp sent him a video message and they both cried.

I don't dislike Wagner at all, think he's a future great, think he'll be off back to Germany in the summer while his stock is still high, would probably be the smart thing to do, it's going to be an incredibly tough job to keep Huddersfield up next season.

I'm sure Huddersfield's staff and fans couldn't give a flying f*** what their form is like :lol:

They did well over the course of the season and earnt it. They only dropped from 3rd because they were rotating and resting players.

Lets not all sit here like we're the kings of the world, this tinpot rugby club were a Derby equaliser away from putting us under huge amounts of pressure.

ive detected a lot of arrogance on here recently, i agree 100 % with this post, the table tells a story of it being easy in the end, it was far from it and if that Derby equaliser had not went in it could have been so different.....some say we will easily be mid table though  O0

on the other hand, if that late leeds utd equaliser hadnt gone in at sjp.....

Guest chopey

So true, and if the two reds two pens Forest result had gone our way Blackburn would still be here.

I'd like a play off for a fourth relegation spot from the next four teams above the relegated 3 teams. This Turd Bowl would stop owners/teams like Ashley/Pulis fc giving up at 40 points

I'd prefer a play off for the 4th Champions League spot

I'm sure Huddersfield's staff and fans couldn't give a flying f*** what their form is like :lol:

They did well over the course of the season and earnt it. They only dropped from 3rd because they were rotating and resting players.

Lets not all sit here like we're the kings of the world, this tinpot rugby club were a Derby equaliser away from putting us under huge amounts of pressure.

ive detected a lot of arrogance on here recently, i agree 100 % with this post, the table tells a story of it being easy in the end, it was far from it and if that Derby equaliser had not went in it could have been so different.....some say we will easily be mid table though  O0

on the other hand, if that late leeds utd equaliser hadnt gone in at sjp.....

Yeah, we can all point out to parts where we were unlucky at certain stages but i do know what he means. Watching that Derby game just after our poor defeat to Ipswich, that was the first time I actually thought we would be pipped. We were on the back of 2 wins in 8 and had they held on they would have been 5 behind with a game in hand with them playing at home before our Monday game to potentially go 2 behind (and 1 game) having played the same amount of games.

That Butterfield goal was absolutely huge at the time and did give us that buffer of being able to afford another defeat, but yeah, 3 days earlier if we hung on it would have been the same position anyway.

I'd prefer a play off for the 4th Champions League spot

One playoff is enough in my opinion. At what point is this just lowering value of the 38-match season? I enjoy the novelty of the one for the third playoff spot, but less is more in this circumstance.

I'm sure Huddersfield's staff and fans couldn't give a flying fuck what their form is like :lol:

Thought you promised to shut up until the end of July?

I'm sure Huddersfield's staff and fans couldn't give a flying fuck what their form is like :lol:

They dropped from third because they shit their pants.