The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I find it condescending when people seriously debate how well the women's team would do compared to the men's teams. We shouldn't be thinking of the comparison, the fact women are playing and enjoying the game is all that matters. With it becoming more popular and getting decent TV coverage they now have an opportunity now to make a name for themselves in the game as well. We shouldn't be thinking 'Would she be able to that against random male players?' Instead we should be thinking 'Can she become an inspiration to girls who want to get into the game?'

Yep.

I find it condescending when people seriously debate how well the women's team would do compared to the men's teams. We shouldn't be thinking of the comparison, the fact women are playing and enjoying the game is all that matters. With it becoming more popular and getting decent TV coverage they now have an opportunity to make a name for themselves in the game as well. We shouldn't be thinking 'Would she be able to do that against random male players?' Instead we should be thinking 'Can she become an inspiration to girls who want to get into the game?'

As someone who teaches girls' football, with both Manchester United and City players in the team, that's spot on.

Just remembered that mad cunt Perugia owner who wanted to sign a woman for the men's team and had forgot he also sacked a South Korean for knocking Italy out of the World Cup [emoji38]

About the female footballer thing:

"Hanna Ljungberg came as close as discussing terms but unfortunately we never got to witness this idea reaching the field as the FIGC quickly closed the supposed loophole. Gaucci lost his temper and threatened to sign a horse instead, again pointing out it wasn't against the rules! But this idea (thankfully) fell by the wayside, and just a few months later he unveiled his newest signing – Saadi al-Gaddafi, the son of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi."

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/2/10/luciano-gaucci-mad-bad-and-dangerous-to-know.html

I find it condescending when people seriously debate how well the women's team would do compared to the men's teams. We shouldn't be thinking of the comparison, the fact women are playing and enjoying the game is all that matters. With it becoming more popular and getting decent TV coverage they now have an opportunity to make a name for themselves in the game as well. We shouldn't be thinking 'Would she be able to do that against random male players?' Instead we should be thinking 'Can she become an inspiration to girls who want to get into the game?'

And when the England women's football/cricket/rugby teams are successful it shouldn't be used as a tool to sneer at the men's teams. The sneer goes both ways.

Just remembered that mad cunt Perugia owner who wanted to sign a woman for the men's team and had forgot he also sacked a South Korean for knocking Italy out of the World Cup [emoji38]

"Hanna Ljungberg came as close as discussing terms but unfortunately we never got to witness this idea reaching the field as the FIGC quickly closed the supposed loophole. Gaucci lost his temper and threatened to sign a horse instead, again pointing out it wasn't against the rules! But this idea (thankfully) fell by the wayside, and just a few months later he unveiled his newest signing – Saadi al-Gaddafi, the son of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi."

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/2/10/luciano-gaucci-mad-bad-and-dangerous-to-know.html

I remember that mad cunt :lol: How did it go with the Korean after he was let go?

I remember that mad cunt [emoji38] How did it go with the Korean after he was let go?

Says there he never returned [emoji38]

"I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football. That man will not return to our team. I am outraged! He started playing phenomenally only when it came to playing Italy. I am a nationalist and his behaviour is not only an incomprehensible wound to my Italian pride, but also an offence to a country which two years ago had openly welcomed him."

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW, I don't think there's any reason why a woman couldn't play in the men's game. And yes, obviously speed, physicality, height etc come into it. To that I have two words; Leon Britton.

Gaddafi's son is basically best friends with Jay Bothroyd as well. :lol:

edit:

"Saadi is a friend of mine. I saw him about 10 months ago when he was in London. All this drama. His dad is obviously a tyrant and he dictated over his countrymen through fear but Saadi was never like that. He was always friendly and polite. When he bought his house in Hampstead he asked me what I thought of it. He even came to my wedding. Obviously he used to have parties and stuff and he would invite me to Cannes to watch the Grand Prix. For his birthday he would fly me over on his plane. People who don’t know him might say he’s like this or like that or like his dad, but I’ve never seen that. I looked at him like a friend. He wasn't the best [footballer] but he did it as a hobby. He's a billionaire but it was something he wanted to do. He wanted to play football, to come in every day and train. And he did it, to be fair. He never expected any special treatment. But obviously there were his bodyguards around. It is very strange for me. People will say to me, 'how can you be friends with this guy?' But you can only judge people on how you see them. He was always nice to me. I never met his brothers or his dad, they must be completely different. It has been weird. He paid for my honeymoon. He asked me what we were doing for it and I told him we hadn’t decided yet. So he said he’d sort something out for me. He paid for us to go to LA for a week and then on to Hawaii. All first-class travel and top hotels. It was very generous. That's the side I see of him. I don’t see the other side. I don’t know it. There's always corruption where there's power, so you never know. His country want him back to prosecute him but they want to kill him apparently. It's all politics and I don’t really know about it. I just know that innocent people should never get hurt."

Madness. The rules must have been published before the tournament, but couldn't help thinking who sponsors Arsenal?

Everyone knows the rules at the outset, no matter how stupid. So Arsenal won fair and square. Reminds me of decorating the hut on Auf Weidersehen Pet.

So everybody gets what nobody wants?

That's democracy, Dennis.  :lol:

If Liverpool keep that Mane/Coutinho/Salah trio fit they'll be naughty.

Lallana and Firmino are really good too. Could do with a striker if Klopp hates Sturridge and doesn't want to play Firmino there

If Liverpool keep that Mane/Coutinho/Salah trio fit they'll be naughty.

Mane is a brilliant player, that three will definitely worry defences all season if they stay together.