The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Good footballers are good footballers regardless of gender. 1 v 1 I'd say Marta or Alex Morgan would be better footballers than say Shay McCartan of Bradford.

"Holding their own in League One" isn't 1 v 1 football

No, but it adds to my argument. Take the best female footballers in every position and put them in a team (for arguments sake let's say they have played together just as long as the team they face so they know how to play with eachother), then have that team play Bradford. I'd never bet on Bradford.

Having seen you in the Betting thread, I'm not surprised at this.

Good footballers are good footballers regardless of gender. 1 v 1 I'd say Marta or Alex Morgan would be better footballers than say Shay McCartan of Bradford.

"Holding their own in League One" isn't 1 v 1 football

No, but it adds to my argument. Take the best female footballers in every position and put them in a team (for arguments sake let's say they have played together just as long as the team they face so they know how to play with eachother), then have that team play Bradford. I'd never bet on Bradford.

Having seen you in the Betting thread, I'm not surprised at this.

Seeing how I've got quite a good betting history, that doesn't back your argument :lol:

Bradford finished 5th in League 1 last year so I'd imagine the women would easily finish in a playoff position.

Reckon the women could beat a Bob Bradley managed team mind

Women's football is obviously improving, but in recent times some of the best teams have lost heavily to local boys teams. It's probably never going to be a fair comparison.

Sexual dimorphism exists ffs. Even just "on average" men are faster, stronger and have more physical endurance than women. When you start talking about people who've turned their physicality into a career the gap widens.

They'd get absolutely mullered by any half organized men's side over 90 minutes.

Sexual dimorphism exists ffs. Even just "on average" men are faster, stronger and have more physical endurance than women. When you start talking about people who've turned their physicality into a career the gap widens.

They'd get absolutely mullered by any half organized men's side over 90 minutes.

:thup:

Can see the argument about physicality etc. A world class female sprinter for example would get thrashed by a poor male Commonwealth Games level sprinter.

I find it condescending when people seriously debate how well the women's team would do compared to the men's teams. We shouldn't be thinking of the comparison, the fact women are playing and enjoying the game is all that matters. With it becoming more popular and getting decent TV coverage they now have an opportunity to make a name for themselves in the game as well. We shouldn't be thinking 'Would she be able to do that against random male players?' Instead we should be thinking 'Can she become an inspiration to girls who want to get into the game?'

I find it condescending when people seriously debate how well the women's team would do compared to the men's teams. We shouldn't be thinking of the comparison, the fact women are playing and enjoying the game is all that matters. With it becoming more popular and getting decent TV coverage they now have an opportunity now to make a name for themselves in the game as well. We shouldn't be thinking 'Would she be able to that against random male players?' Instead we should be thinking 'Can she become an inspiration to girls who want to get into the game?'

Yep.

Yeah, this is a point that people fail to see. I'm all for females being on the touch line as a manager, as a referee or lineswoman. Having mixed gender's on the pitch though just wouldn't work.

Can see the argument about physicality etc. A world class female sprinter for example would get thrashed by a poor male Commonwealth Games level sprinter.

When it comes to running I read that women (if men are 100%) are 90% of 100%. So for every 100 seconds you can add 10 seconds to a female.

Yeah, this is a point that people fail to see. I'm all for females being on the touch line as a manager, as a referee or lineswoman. Having mixed gender's on the pitch though just wouldn't work.

I'd start Alex Morgan over Adam Armstrong, tbh.

When it comes to running I read that women (if men are 100%) are 90% of 100%. So for every 100 seconds you can add 10 seconds to a female.

*11.1secs

This a major shock or not in ladies football? had no idea Germany won it 7 times and have no idea idea if Denmark/Austria are ranked better then ours

England is ranked fifth in the FIFA rankings iirc.