The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Their bench of  Ben Davies, Trippier, and Son are really stepping in this period. Last season, they didn't lose any of their players but their transfers in were really poor. Next year they should go for Ward Prowse, and Nathan Redmond. I don't think Zaha, who they've been linked with, suits their style of play.

Yes and no. Sissoko was a bizarre decision (still wondering if it was to do with taxes given our huge profit this year) but Wanyama has been a massive success. I genuinely believe that Janssen has the potential to be an excellent buy - the guy is only 22. GKN is younger still, but hasn't really shown a lot.

I suppose the concern with Zaha is workrate, but there's an argument that he's exactly the kind of player we are missing. The trouble is - as always - that we can't even come close to matching the wages that the big guys dole out. I believe Ashley Young is being paid more than any Spurs player, and nearly double the wages of most of our first team, let alone our squad players. I would argue that Alexis Sanchez would score 30 goals a season in our team - he's just about perfect for us - but we simply can't afford the wages for players like that. We end up taking punts on players like N'jie, N'Koudou, Chadli, Son etc etc and just have to hope that enough of them work out.

Next season will be interesting. A few of your players initially started slow and are now mainstays in the team. For instance, Dembele.  He came in with a lot of hype as he was really good with Fulham but IMO failed to deliver in his first few seasons. And a lot of Spurs players regard him as the best player in the team on a technical level. Now look at him, he's a key part of the team. I really like Pochettino because he persists with his players. Hell, even Sissoko could step up next season.

Their bench of  Ben Davies, Trippier, and Son are really stepping in this period. Last season, they didn't lose any of their players but their transfers in were really poor. Next year they should go for Ward Prowse, and Nathan Redmond. I don't think Zaha, who they've been linked with, suits their style of play.

Yes and no. Sissoko was a bizarre decision (still wondering if it was to do with taxes given our huge profit this year) but Wanyama has been a massive success. I genuinely believe that Janssen has the potential to be an excellent buy - the guy is only 22. GKN is younger still, but hasn't really shown a lot.

I suppose the concern with Zaha is workrate, but there's an argument that he's exactly the kind of player we are missing. The trouble is - as always - that we can't even come close to matching the wages that the big guys dole out. I believe Ashley Young is being paid more than any Spurs player, and nearly double the wages of most of our first team, let alone our squad players. I would argue that Alexis Sanchez would score 30 goals a season in our team - he's just about perfect for us - but we simply can't afford the wages for players like that. We end up taking punts on players like N'jie, N'Koudou, Chadli, Son etc etc and just have to hope that enough of them work out.

Next season will be interesting. A few of your players initially started slow and are now mainstays in the team. For instance, Dembele.  He came in with a lot of hype as he was really good with Fulham but IMO failed to deliver in his first few seasons. And a lot of Spurs players regard him as the best player in the team on a technical level. Now look at him, he's a key part of the team. I really like Pochettino because he persists with his players. Hell, even Sissoko could step up next season.

The Mail tried to stir it up at one point:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3279002/Mousa-Dembele-wants-talks-Mauricio-Pochettino-Tottenham-role-man-match-display-against-Liverpool.html

Poch has a bit of previous with this - he's not afraid to call out a player from time to time in what is clearly a deliberate approach. Janssen too:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/17/tottenham-harry-kane-return-injury

It's going to be interesting to see what he does with Sissoko :lol:.

Guest chopey

Handball shout against Dunk in the box - blatant pen if it had been one of our players!

:lol: It's so true, as well.

Aye.............the Championship hasnt exactly welcomed us with open arms.

I'll take that score at the final whistle, Brighton have had the ball in the net twice and both times they were clearly offside and the linesman called them right.  QPR don't seem to have a lot to offer going forward but they're organised well at the back.

I'll take that score at the final whistle, Brighton have had the ball in the net twice and both times they were clearly offside and the linesman called them right.  QPR don't seem to have a lot to offer going forward but they're organised well at the back.

Hopefully Ravel Morrison will stick one in the top corner.