The other games today 2017/18

Greg

What the f*** is the ‘Everton way’ they’re waffling On about today.

Everton have been a s**** club for years, Moyes got them in Europe a few times but they’ve never really played decent football, and before Moyes they were a team that were constantly around the relegation zone.

This special club nonsense is almost as bad as the patter from West Ham fans

Yeah I don’t get this big club in the waiting nonsense about them. As much as West Ham has it’s knackers for fans they have more of a case of it than Everton. Before Moyes, if Everton had went down then no one would have bat an eyelid. A good spell in the 80’s is all they have. They arn’t even the biggest club in their own city, and have to revert to their self appointed ‘People’s club’ title to make them feel special.

Guest firetotheworks

That was a new level of bullshit from Phil Neville like. Knowing the club above managerial experience at this level ffs. Give the job to a fan then.

What the f*** is the ‘Everton way’ they’re waffling On about today.

Everton have been a s**** club for years, Moyes got them in Europe a few times but they’ve never really played decent football, and before Moyes they were a team that were constantly around the relegation zone.

This special club nonsense is almost as bad as the patter from West Ham fans

I've been bemused watching the coverage of Everton this season, the shitter they get the more the club is talked up it seems.

Guest firetotheworks

Phil Neville's just argued against points that in the first instance had misunderstood and then in the second instance was exactly what he then argued against with the same argument. He's a really terrible pundit.

Has David Unsworth ever taken a pop at Joey Barton? Had the Leicester v Everton game on in the car earlier and Barton was just constantly having a dig at Unsworth.

Started off by basically saying he watched him week in, week out as an Everton season ticket holder and he was a shit left back who just chipped it down the line. Then a little while said he should be nowhere near getting the job permanently and doing well with a youth side counts for nothing. Then in the second half he started having a pop at Unsworth for being overweight and that managers should be as fit as their players.

He also said Unsworth could me mistaken for a steward.

:lol:

There are quite a few teams in the top two leagues that don’t really have a proper rivalry.

Reading, Hull, Stoke, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, West Brom, Watford just off the top of my head.

I’m sure they all have a team that they consider a rival, but cant say I’ve ever thought ‘oooh Stoke v Port Vale is a harsh rivalry’ for example.

Who is Leicester’s? Coventry? Cant say I really ever take notice of that as a rivalry either.

I've worked with Forest and Derby fans and while they both see each other as their main rivals, neither are fond of Leicester.

Stoke vs Port Vale's died down really since the former got promoted and the latter slipped back to League Two. Was mates with a Crewe fan when I did my masters and he absolutely despised Port Vale.

I lived in Birmingham for a while and spent a lot of time in the Black Country. The general gist I got was:

Aston Villa and Birmingham City absolutely hate each other - and it's a little bit like the Newcastle/Sunderland rivalry in that one team has most of the (relatively recent) success and considers the other team and its fans as being in a different sporting and social stratum.

Actually, everyone hates Birmingham City.

Everyone hates Wolves.

Nobody cares about Walsall.

People seem to quite like West Brom, on the whole.

But then there's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Country_derby

A 2008 football pools survey of 6,000 supporters across the country ranked West Bromwich Albion versus Wolverhampton Wanderers as the fiercest rivalry in English football.

I don't even think it's the fiercest rivalry in the West Midlands, but I stand to be corrected.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wolves fans hate West Brom fans, but the latter don't seem too bothered by Wolves, moreso Villa. Villa and Birmingham is a fierce rivalry similar to ours with the mackems.