The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Were they fuck, man. [emoji38] What a load of bollocks.

Closest Spurs got was 5 points and then they immediately shat themselves :lol:

:lol:

Er, for a start they were 3 points behind with a game in hand in March. Like I said, you're talking bollocks.

Spurs are great man. Like we were great mid 90s, Liverpool when they nearly won the title. Just because someone's better doesn't mean they're not great themselves.

:thup:

I also meant I think they're great to watch. Doesn't surprise me Dinho missed the point, like.

Closest Spurs got was 5 points and then they immediately shat themselves :lol:

:lol:

Er, for a start they were 3 points behind with a game in hand in March. Like I said, you're talking bollocks.

There was 10 games left in the season at that stage. Being under pressure is being 3 points or less ahead with 2/3 games to go IMO

Guest firetotheworks

Closest Spurs got was 5 points and then they immediately shat themselves [emoji38]

[emoji38]

There was 10 games left in the season at that stage. Being under pressure is being 3 points or less ahead with 2/3 games to go IMO

Bit different to 'never being close to them', which is what I was replying to. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and all that. Until the end the narrative was about whether the wheels were going to fall off from a team that had narrowly escaped relegation the previous season. Even then, the reason Leicester won it is because their own form and results were fantastic, not because Spurs's form was poor, because it wasn't, it was very good for the most part.

UEFA.com have some decent brief highlights. Dele Alli really does miss a sitter for a hattrick against Real Madrid (unbeaten in qualifiers for five years!). That sentence reads like a Boy's Own adventure/Roy of the Rovers story. Phenomenal performance from Spurs and from City. Things looking up for the PL in Europe.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/video/highlights/videoid=2511049.html

Spurs are great man. Like we were great mid 90s, Liverpool when they nearly won the title. Just because someone's better doesn't mean they're not great themselves.

:thup:

I also meant I think they're great to watch. Doesn't surprise me Dinho missed the point, like.

I didn't follow the previous posts. So don't get your knickers in a twist.

You too, KI. (You're clearly still wrong.)

Guest firetotheworks

Spurs were never close to Leicester.

They were 3 points behind with a game in hand in March.

You're clearly still wrong.

[emoji38]

[emoji38]

Is that the best that they achieved in terms of being title "challengers"?

If you believe that's close enough, then you must be easily impressed. (You're also very tedious, annoying and should try and take the online world a little bit less seriously.)

Guest firetotheworks

Spurs blew it when the battered Leicester in January(?) but then lost it due to a Morgan header towards the end.

From that point onwards Leicester steamrolled with the momentum and Spurs never even looked like catching them.

It was Huth rather than Morgan, but like I say they had it well within their reach in March before they lost to West Ham like. Imo anyway.

Spurs blew it when the battered Leicester in January(?) but then lost it due to a Morgan header towards the end.

From that point onwards Leicester steamrolled with the momentum and Spurs never even looked like catching them.

It was Huth rather than Morgan, but like I say they had it well within their reach in March before they lost to West Ham like.

You're only proving my point more. :lol: :facepalm:

It was Huth rather than Morgan, but like I say they had it well within their reach in March before they lost to West Ham like. Imo anyway.

Top 4 is currently within our reach, but we’re not going to get it because we’ll not keep up the pace as them. This is how it was with Tottenham.

I know what you mean, but Tottenham looked capable of dropping points and Leicester didn’t - which is the point that others are making. Leicester were comfortable in their games and performances whereas it was a struggle for Spurs to keep up.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]

If you believe that's close enough, then you must be easily impressed. (You're also very tedious, annoying and should try and take the online world a little bit less seriously.)

I could have sworn I was answering to you saying that they were never close to Leicester, like. What with that being what you actually said and all that. :lol:

Thanks for your online feedback Dinho Lad from the internet. I'm definitely going to take your advice on board and try to be a better man.

[emoji38]

I could have sworn I was answering to you saying that they were never close to Leicester, like. What with that being what you actually said and all that. :lol:

Thanks for your online feedback Dinho Lad from the internet. I'm definitely going to take your advice on board and try to be a better man.

Really, tit?

- "they were never really that close to them."

You're a tit, Kid. Fact.

Fuck off and stop wasting my time.

And you should definitely take my advice.

Guest firetotheworks

Top 4 is currently within our reach, but we’re not going to get it because we’ll not keep up the pace as them. This is how it was with Tottenham.

I know what you mean, but Tottenham looked capable of dropping points and Leicester didn’t - which is the point that others are making. Leicester were comfortable in their games and performances whereas it was a struggle for Spurs to keep up.

In hindsight it was comfortable yeah, definitely. 3 points behind with a game in hand and a superior goal difference wasn't comfortable at the time though. I said it in an earlier post, but Leicester won because their own form was excellent, rather than because Spurs really imploded. Having said that, I can't agree that Leicester looked comfortable, they went from a team that were gung ho on the counter, to one that was ground out narrow 1-0 wins through resolute defending and taking their very few chances on the counter attack.

Agree to disagree though, just this idea that there was never a title race between them at any point is the bit that's a load of nonsense.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]

Really, tit?

You're a tit, Kid. Fact.

Hahahahahaha.

[emoji38]

Really, tit?

You're a tit, Kid. Fact.

Hahahahahaha.

Great jaaaaaab, buddy.

UEFA.com have some decent brief highlights. Dele Alli really does miss a sitter for a hattrick against Real Madrid (unbeaten in qualifiers for five years!). That sentence reads like a Boy's Own adventure/Roy of the Rovers story. Phenomenal performance from Spurs and from City. Things looking up for the PL in Europe.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/video/highlights/videoid=2511049.html

Hope Real finish 2nd and get PSG or Citeh.

[emoji38]

Really, tit?

You're a tit, Kid. Fact.

Hahahahahaha.

giphy.gif

Guest Howaythetoon

Spurs for me are the best coached team in the country and are great to watch at either end. They would have won a title by now the way they are going, but for a freaky Leicester or an even better coached (last season) Cheslea they haven't and this season Man City are a level above the rest. They don't do much wrong, they are just at a stage where the two previous winners did just a bit more and the likely winners this season are playing at a level which the PL hasn't quite seen.

Fergie's last title winning side would have lost out to this Spurs and perhaps Mourinho's last title winning side at Chelsea too.

They have an almost great team, but are missing probably a worldy type player (in form terms anyway), a Suarez at Liverpool when they almost won it or even a Bale when he was at Spurs to finally get there.

I can't see them holding onto Kane, Dele Ali or their manager for much longer though.

Dark horses for the CL though?