The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I think this ref has even surpassed the dunce from the NI match on Thursday in terms of terrible penalty decisions. :lol: It was a dead rubber, anyway, so I hope he received the funds into his account without any problem.

Peru and New Zealand starting in 30 minutes or so. I am always fascinated by the intercontinental qualification playoffs for the World Cup, but it seems like the matches are always rubbish.

I think this ref has even surpassed the dunce from the NI match on Thursday in terms of terrible penalty decisions. :lol: It was a dead rubber, anyway, so I hope he received the funds into his account without any problem.

Peru and New Zealand starting in 30 minutes or so. I am always fascinated by the intercontinental qualification playoffs for the World Cup, but it seems like the matches are always rubbish.

Pretty shite game, we'll lose 2-0 in Peru, our only chance really was to go there with a lead.  But on the flipside, big credit must go to Hudson for restoring some pride in the All Whites, in the last World Cup cycle we missed out on the Oceania Cup title to Tahiti and lost the playoff for the World Cup to Mexico 9-3.  We've now got some decent young talent (by our standards - all the top athletes play Rugby or win Olympic Golds in Sailing and Rowing), we win the games we are supposed to and in the games we are expected to get slapped around we go down fighting.

Who the the white dude playing?

Seems like the northern African teams are back at the WC. (I know Algeria was there last time) Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco all very close to qualifying or have already qualified.

Cote D'Ivoire have been desperately poor. Absolute rubbish. They don't deserve to go to the World Cup. They were horrible against Gabon and again today. Morocco look a very good side, tbh. Renard is a good manager too. He knows the continent well.

We are hoping and praying for Libya to score now! Dr Congo 3-1 up and a goal for Libya sends them to the World Cup.

Seems like the northern African teams are back at the WC. (I know Algeria was there last time) Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco all very close to qualifying or have already qualified.

Cote D'Ivoire have been desperately poor. Absolute rubbish. They don't deserve to go to the World Cup. They were horrible against Gabon and again today. Morocco look a very good side, tbh. Renard is a good manager too. He knows the continent well.

We are hoping and praying for Libya to score now! Dr Congo 3-1 up and a goal for Libya sends them to the World Cup.

Drawing from 2 goals up at home with less than 15minutes to go cost DR Congo a place at the World Cup. Shame, would've loved to see a new team like DR Congo there.

It's Leon Balogun, he's just light skinned. He has a German mother and Nigerian father.

I thought the same when I saw it so had to dig deeper :lol:

Both of our centrebacks are half-white. We call them the oyinbo (white) wall. It is out of love. :lol:

Drawing from 2 goals up at home with less than 15minutes to go cost DR Congo a place at the World Cup. Shame, would've loved to see a new team like DR Congo there.

Definitely, they are a better side than Tunisia man for man, imo. A well coached and composed team would have held that result and qualified. The wife's people will be upset, but they have a good base of very talnted players and plenty of foreign born nationals to call on. It should be an optimistic time, but being that this is Congo they will probably still underachieve. :lol:

So, Nigeria, Senegal, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia are going to Russia from Africa. Four good, competitive sides, imo. (Excluding Tunisia).

I have no desire to see Ireland at any tournament. Hopefully Denmark win.