The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I swear, VAR would be great if it was a one way thing and there was no checking by the ref and no appeals.

There is no checking by the ref or formal appeals, the VAR checks everything and then talks to the referee.

Eh? The ref can request a check (which he did on the non-pen decision in this match) and there's a monitor at the side if the VAR panel at the side of the pitch for the ref to check again, they showed it before the match in which it was introduced.

No. The referee can't stop and ask. The VAR does the checking and tells the referee what's going on. The referee can then go and look at the screen if he's not certain with what the VAR is saying or wants to look at it.

So the ref that I've just watched talking with the VAR panel was interrupted by the VAR panel who then reviewed it and said his decision was fine. Okay.

The review screen is semantics really, they're checking it again.

The VAR is in a studio with multiple screens reviewing everything, if he sees a clear and obvious error that is related to to any of the following he tells the referee in his ear, if there is a break in play after an incident then he well tell the referee to wait while he looks at it, the referee then has the option to view it on a screen at the side of the pitch if he wants to before decided what to do, or he can trust what the VAR says:

• Awarding goals

• Penalty decisions

• Straight red cards (not second yellow cards)

• Cases of mistaken identity

I left work with it being 1-0 and Chelsea seemingly coasting to the 4th round, get home and its going to penalties and Chelsea have had 2 players send off. The fuck happened? :lol:

Really weren't coasting tbf. Norwich have been impressive. If Chelsea go through its safe to say they've put in a better performance at Stamford Bridge than we will. :lol:.. :(

Conte is such an angry little man, proper Napoleon  :lol:

Not to be pedantic, but Napoleon was actually average height for the day. Misconception down the difference between the French foot and the English foot back then.

:lol:

Nerd alert!