Birmingham City 0 - 0 Newcastle United 18/03/17 - Post match whatever from pg 11

BlueStar

Guest Howaythetoon

Very poor performance against a very poor Birmingham side. Disappointing match for me, my first away game since we beat QPR 1-0 away back when we were last in this division. Luckily the day has been great spent with family because the football was fucking piss poor. Zola makes his first sub at about the 87th mark, a striker for a striker. The Blues fans are not happy and he will do well to survive the season, an awful manager which made our poor performance all the more worse because they were pitiful.

Not having seen the game I won't comment on individual players' performances but there is no doubt that this type of result(and performance)is becoming very regular and although we should be happy with getting a point away from home, the home performances have made it more important to beat teams who are struggling, when we are away from home.

The club is like a man dying of thirst who is crawling to an oasis he can see but its still not certain he will get there in time...

As long as we make it we can then start worrying about next season...

Not read the comments in here but seen a good few people on social media saying our fans booed at FT.

Next 2 home games are must win to settle down the nerves.

Impressive shitness to boo them off if true.

.com haven't mentioned any bee's in their initial match report.

Good, coz I f****** hate bees.  And wasps.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never want to see Diame play another game for this club, abysmal.

A total waste of money....will be gone in July.

It doesn't help when he's being played as a CM and a deep lying one at that yesterday. He should ave been playing where Perez was and Perez on the bench with Shelvey in the middle.

Also the police presence yestday was way over the top like, not one incident from what I gather. I was sat in the home end and jumped up and cheered when we scored, and no one said anything other than to laugh when it was ruled out.

Did anyone see that car at the round about that was smashed up just take off with police on foot chasing him and the cop cars just sat there doing nothing?

Also walked past the legendary Paully who was stood at a burger van with some lasses.

Again shit match, but we had a great day and night. Didn't get into the hotel til 2. Now the long drive back to Newcastle from Redditch....

It doesn't help when he's being played as a CM and a deep lying one at that yesterday. He should ave been playing where Perez was and Perez on the bench with Shelvey in the middle.

Also the police presence yestday was way over the top like, not one incident from what I gather. I was sat in the home end and jumped up and cheered when we scored, and no one said anything other than to laugh when it was ruled out.

Did anyone see that car at the round about that was smashed up just take off with police on foot chasing him and the cop cars just sat there doing nothing?

Also walked past the legendary Paully who was stood at a burger van with some lasses.

Again shit match, but we had a great day and night. Didn't get into the hotel til 2. Now the long drive back to Newcastle from Redditch....

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

You do know Shelvey wasn't fit to start the game? 

Fit enough to come on though? I don't get it.

I'm guessing that Benitez having spoken to the player, doctors, physios probably had enough knowledge to decide starting the player wasn't the best option 👍

Guest neesy111

He was ill all week so clearly didn't have the fitness to play 60 minutes +.

Not read the comments in here but seen a good few people on social media saying our fans booed at FT.

Next 2 home games are must win to settle down the nerves.

Impressive shitness to boo them off if true.

.com haven't mentioned any bee's in their initial match report.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfl5I8vRxORDZ1W1hBsondQ_GXmjvF_cJxFhXCB5Mw3xH21eqAjA

:lol: :lol:

I don't understand how anyone can say this isn't a bad result just because Huddersfield lost. It's great attitude to take this week, but drawing games against teams like Birmingham doesn't do us any favours in the long run and looking beyond that it showcases how shit the playing squad is for when we go up. We can say what we like about players being out but we only had 4 missing and that team should have been more than sufficient to gain a comfortable win, considering how shit everything is going for Birmingham at the moment.

I don't understand how anyone can say this isn't a bad result just because Huddersfield lost. It's great attitude to take this week, but drawing games against teams like Birmingham doesn't do us any favours in the long run and looking beyond that it showcases how shit the playing squad is for when we go up. We can say what we like about players being out but we only had 4 missing and that team should have been more than sufficient to gain a comfortable win, considering how shit everything is going for Birmingham at the moment.

mother Mary  :lol:

Long run = Top of the league.

If Huddersfield win their game in hand they're only 4 points behind and if we keep dropping points from games like this it's not comprehensible that they could overtake us. I don't think they will, but at this stage of the season you'd think we'd be doing everything we can to make this as comfortable as possible. The reality is we look toothless and this long ball game that suddenly seems to have come about clearly doesn't suit the players we have or even the system that has made us so successful over the course of the season.

I'm still massively worried that if we're making promotion this much of a hard job that we're going to find ourselves back in this division the season after next if we don't make some drastic changes.

Tbh my view on it is that we are the team that should be taking all our games by the scruff of the neck and winning them, rather than basing our thoughts on the season on the clubs around us. The situation for us is quite sound and it could be a hell of a lot worse, but for all the expectations and with the team we have I think we should be a bit more comfortable at this stage.

Again s*** match, but we had a great day and night. Didn't get into the hotel til 2. Now the long drive back to Newcastle from Redditch....

Sooooo, you think Diame is a #10?