Birmingham City 0 - 0 Newcastle United 18/03/17 - Post match whatever from pg 11

BlueStar

Guest neesy111

Taking Perez off was a shit sub by Benitez.  He sounded by far the most lively player on the pitch.

Yeah, I can see how you're better placed to have judged that than Rafa.

Totally forgot, we can't criticise the manager at all for anything.

Taking Perez off was a shit sub by Benitez.  He sounded by far the most lively player on the pitch.

Come on man, you know that's bollocks.

[emoji38] So you can not have a opinion one here any more?

We have to be allowed to ask questions like.

We are not exactly playing any good football at the moment.

I trust Rafa, but we have to be allowed to question some of his decisions.

It's about perspective.

99% of people would have taken our position in the league, at the start of the season, regardless of form, style and chances etc.

Yes we aren't playing great but we are in a healthy position with a nice little break to get players back. We will be fine.

We were one bent decision away from winning the game. Their keeper having a worldie of a game which happens every now and again the only other thing keeping us out.

We dominated from start to finish, were a class above them and incredibly unfortunate not to win.

Incredible how much people shit the bed on here ffs.

Very frustrating result indeed but this weekend could've been far worse. We could have lost and Huddersfield might've won. Have to consider Gayle not fully sharp yet, Shelvey ill, Yedlin/Hayden injured. You get the impression we're kind of limping to the finish at the moment. Players look drained. Two weeks to regroup and try and come up with a plan to put away two very winnable (in theory) home matches.

I think the doom and gloom is excessive given where we are still

We were one bent decision away from winning the game. Their keeper having a worldie of a game which happens every now and again the only other thing keeping us out.

We dominated from start to finish, were a class above them and incredibly unfortunate not to win.

Incredible how much people shit the bed on here ffs.

We only had three shots on target, their keeper couldn't have been that good surely?

Incredible how much people s*** the bed on here ffs.

We only had three shots on target, their keeper couldn't have been that good surely?

Did you watch the game today?

You're certainly entitled to have an opinion. But if you are going to declare a decision as "shit" when you've only being listening to the match, then you need your head banged against the wall as that method of forming an opinion is, frankly, shit.

Obviously not. I doubt the BBC stats are lying to me though

Did you?

Obviously not. I doubt the BBC stats are lying to me though

Not saying they are lying; just pointing out that trying to assess a match solely on the stats is just ridiculous.

We were more than good enough to win today and a combination of poor officiating and good goalkeeping stopped us.

You're certainly entitled to have an opinion. But if you are going to declare a decision as "shit" when you've only being listening to the match, then you need your head banged against the wall as that method of forming an opinion is, frankly, shit.

Yup, way to go mate [emoji38]

Guest neesy111

Then what is fucking point of this thread then?  Shall we just wait for all the fans who watched the match to come on and give their opinions.

You are an absolute hypocrite.

Guest neesy111

Did we have any clear-cut chances?

Sounds like offside goal was.

Murphy had header saved well from our only decent set piece.

Guest ElCid

Taking Perez off was a s*** sub by Benitez.  He sounded by far the most lively player on the pitch.

Come on man, you know that's bollocks.

Not with some it's not - not pointed at you this by the way as I keep saying he is not a god and has been making questionable decisions regarding his team selection and tactics and as such it's only right people are viewing their opinion. Some go too far but they're matched up by some who go too far the other way also and revert to snide comments just because Rafa is being questioned

The (wrongly) disallowed goal

Ritchie late on with a good save

Gayle came very close to latching onto one but the keeper just about got it away

Murphy early on in the second half, their keeper with another good save

Couple of half chances in the first, but not clear cut

Yup, way to go mate [emoji38]

Okay then...

The (wrongly) disallowed goal

Ritchie late on with a good save

Gayle came very close to latching onto one but the keeper just about got it away

Murphy early on in the second half, their keeper with another good save

Couple of half chances in the first, but not clear cut

That sounds like a no, tbh.