Newcastle United 2 - 1 Wigan Athletic - 01/04/17 - Post-match reaction from pg14

Dave

Guest neesy111

This limping over the line is very bad news if we don't overhaul the squad in the summer.

It's normal at this stage of the season. Obviously agree that the squad needs a lot of work if we go up.

I disagree with that.

Guest neesy111

This limping over the line is very bad news if we don't overhaul the squad in the summer.

It's normal at this stage of the season. Obviously agree that the squad needs a lot of work if we go up.

I disagree with that.

I disagree with that.

Why? You don't think it's natural for performances to suffer at the tail-end of a 46 game season?

just get promoted. the squad getting overhauled is necessity and if it doesn't get heavy investment then that's our own fault. there's obviously no bad news at all if you get over the line. one step at a time.

Hopefully us limping over the line forces Ashley to realise we need loads more quality for next season rather than seeing us walk to the title and sticking with what we've got for next season.

Guest neesy111

Hopefully us limping over the line forces Ashley to realise we need loads more quality for next season rather than seeing us walk to the title and sticking with what we've got for next season.

True, but it might put massive kudos to those aka Graham Carr who say Rafa is doing a bad job with the squad at his disposal etc.

I think it's somewhere in the middle tbh, I'm never been a huge fan of Rafa and never will be (he's the best we can get though) but the squad is nowhere near as good as it's made out by some.

Not sure we're limping over the line as we are now 10 points clear of third, when we were only 3 a few games ago. I understand the sentiment as we're not playing well mind, it's getting the job done though and i suppose that's what counts right now.

Guest neesy111

Not sure we're limping over the line as we are now 10 points clear of third, when we were only 3 a few games ago. I understand the sentiment as we're not playing well mind, it's getting the job done though and i suppose that's what counts right now.

You carry momentum into your next season though.  It's hard to reset that imo.

Momentum is something that is massively underrated in sport. Good performances would imo translate into that.

Momentum is something that is massively underrated in sport. Good performances would imo translate into that.

Is momentum not irrelevant though if the team's going to be radically different next season?

Guest neesy111

Is momentum not irrelevant though if the team's going to be radically different next season?

Yeap, but i don't trust us to do that under Ashley.

I'd personally replace most of the squad but i think it won't happen.

Wasn't great but I'll take 2-1 wins from now to the end of the season.

Refereeing is f***ing atrocious, both for Ritchie's penalty and their player pulling on Shelvey's shirt when we were breaking towards the end of the game.

Don't know if anyone else who was at the game saw this, but after the penalty non decision, the coach who coaches our set pieces, Mikel Antia and the Wigan manager had a small fight on the touchline. :lol:

Was he their manager? Anyway he was going ape shit most of the match. Looked a stone wall penalty to me. Referee had a stinker, the number of times he shrugged his shoulders as in couldn't see was staggering.

Colback being s**** as usual.

Really?

Apart from a wild shot he blazed high and wide I thought Colback played quite well today.

He also missed an interception that led to their goal and gave away another brainless freekick which Burn nearly scored from right after they scored

Wasn't great but I'll take 2-1 wins from now to the end of the season.

Refereeing is fucking atrocious, both for Ritchie's penalty and their player pulling on Shelvey's shirt when we were breaking towards the end of the game.

Don't know if anyone else who was at the game saw this, but after the penalty non decision, the coach who coaches our set pieces, Mikel Antia and the Wigan manager had a small fight on the touchline. :lol:

Antia was doing his dinga offering them all out.

Really?

Apart from a wild shot he blazed high and wide I thought Colback played quite well today.

He also missed an interception that led to their goal and gave away another brainless freekick which Burn nearly scored from right after they scored

How anyone can watch that game of.football and think colback played.well is completely beyond me. He consistently misplaced passes, gave away fouls, headed balls into.no man's.land. and yes, there was THAT shot.

Really?

How anyone can watch that game of.football and think colback played.well is completely beyond me. He consistently misplaced passes, gave away fouls, headed balls into.no man's.land. and yes, there was THAT shot.

This post brought to you in association with nufc.co.uk's official match commentary.

I thought that he was garbage as usual, the number of times he was marking nobody and still stood where he was does my head in.  I watched him looking around, seeing he had nobody around him yet he still stood still, he's an abomination.