Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

If they're saying there's a French connection, the first thing that comes to mind is that both us and West Ham have had some unusual dealings with Marseilles in the form of the Payet and Thauvin transfers.

Assuming the worst, what could happen? transfer ban ? points deduction?

Depends. We don't know enough yet to speculate.

Fair enough, i was just thinking that if it's a transfer ban that it's important we get through this summer before anything is decided. :lol:

I mean i doubt anything will be decided before the season starts and probably a lot longer but in case it did...

Guest neesy111

If they're saying there's a French connection, the first thing that comes to mind is that both us and West Ham have had some unusual dealing with Marseilles in Payet and Thauvin.

More likely to do with Sport Mundial Management.

This is going to affect our transfer budget isn't it.

"Sorry Rafa, my hands are tied."

BTW it's a certainty that Ashley will throw Charnley under the bus to protect himself.

:lol: As if Rafa is going to stay with this rabble, man. Game over, final nail in the coffin.

if he was undecided, this will clinch it for him. Why would he want to work with these cowboys?

The £5m a year he's getting will make it slightly less bitter tbf.

Could this in theory force Ashley into selling?

0.1% chance.

Just thinking with the whole 'fit and proper' test that the FA have in place these days, it's about time they made another high profile example to reinforce their stance. Celino was the last I can think of.

Guest neesy111

Could this in theory force Ashley into selling?

0.1% chance.

Just thinking with the whole 'fit and proper' test that the FA have in place these days, it's about time they made another high profile example to reinforce their stance. Celino was the last I can think of.

This will have nothing to do with Ashley.  The fit and proper test is to do with the individual themselves.  Can't see it happening at all.

Guest neesy111

Think the first thing that needs to be known is the time frame for these fraud's?  Are they recent or backdated(e.g. a few years back)?

Think the first thing that needs to be known is the time frame for these fraud's?  Are they recent or backdated(e.g. a few years back)?

If they relate to France then we didn't do any dealings with French clubs this year.

If they relate to France then we didn't do any dealings with French clubs this year.

They can't impose a points deduction for anything we did 2 years ago, can they?!