Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest neesy111

Think the first thing that needs to be known is the time frame for these fraud's?  Are they recent or backdated(e.g. a few years back)?

If they relate to France then we didn't do any dealings with French clubs this year.

They can't impose a points deduction for anything we did 2 years ago, can they?!

Yeah they can.

Guest neesy111

Think the first thing that needs to be known is the time frame for these fraud's?  Are they recent or backdated(e.g. a few years back)?

If they relate to France then we didn't do any dealings with French clubs this year.

Yes we have, Saivet and Thauvin went back.

They can't impose a points deduction for anything we did 2 years ago, can they?!

From what I've read the investigation is into individuals with respect to tax payments, not the club. Everyone is guessing at this stage but my guess would be that they are looking at the accounts of Lee Charnley but to do so they need supporting documentation from the club in order to confirm suspicions about irregularities with his tax payments.

I would find it highly unlikely that the club would be held accountable for what Lee Charnley is declaring as his income. I'm sure the details won't be long in arriving.

Yes, possibly. Juventus and AC Milan were deducted points for match fixing from years beforehand.

I doubt it would be any points reduction, and even if it was and it put us in the play offs then they would just change us to being the play off winners and the play off winners being the 2nd placed team, either that or a points deduction in future seasons, however we would appeal anything like that and the FA would just relent and be satisfied with telling us not to do it again.