Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

We arent getting points deducted at all.

This is great news!

If Liam was a VIP at the FA.

I'm going to do your trick and live in blissful delusion until told otherwise :)

Just had a quick mooch around the internet and Charnley is the only one I see named as arrested. Could be west ham have had people arrested too, nothing to say one way or the other on the reports I read.

Also, maybe the authorities dont know who to arrest. Type in "west ham CEO" and I get Karen Brady, Angus someone or other and someone else entirely on the club website.

*yes, I know their main person would be listed on companies house, I was just making light :)

We arent getting points deducted at all.

You sure ?

I suspect there's a lot more to this than we know at the present time......I'm no Philadelphia lawyer, but I would imagine in ya f****ed ya tax return up you,d get a letter please explain and then maybe a summons to appear, not ARRESTED !

Under the counter payments, brown paper bags or any financial irregularities would fall under the interest of the Football League and due punishment would follow.

Typical Newcastle

"Apparently as both Newcastle & West Ham cases are in remit of HMRC won't lead to any punishment on football side eg points deduction."

Excellent news. Serious questions need to be asked of Charnley though.

His place of work raided and him arrested. They're probably not asking what he likes on his toast tbf.

Just had a quick mooch around the internet and Charnley is the only one I see named as arrested. Could be west ham have had people arrested too, nothing to say one way or the other on the reports I read.

Also, maybe the authorities dont know who to arrest. Type in "west ham CEO" and I get Karen Brady, Angus someone or other and someone else entirely on the club website.

*yes, I know their main person would be listed on companies house, I was just making light :)

Like I said earlier, they probably targeted Newcastle first, that way when the story broke it would give the more fashionable clubs plenty of time to get their affairs in order. The equivalent of flushing coke down the loo during a police raid.

Imagine if the FA demote us to the Championship and allow Sunderland to take our place. I reckon shinton would keel over

Id f***ing explode  :lol:

If this most ridiculous scenario happened it still wouldn't be Sunderland unless they go on some crazy run to get off rock bottom of the league.

"Apparently as both Newcastle & West Ham cases are in remit of HMRC won't lead to any punishment on football side eg points deduction."

Excellent news. Serious questions need to be asked of Charnley though.

His place of work raided and him arrested. They're probably not asking what he likes on his toast tbf.

Corsican sardines. Allegedly.

Searching for a silver lining here, but is there any chance this somehow leads to Ashley being forced to sell the club?

To whom?

The Corsican Mafia, you dilbert.

Guest chopey

So why hasn't Karren Brady been arrested?

Tory life peer Baroness Brady? Close friend of the Camerons and Murdoch shill, that Karren Brady?

Its a mystery m8

:lol:

Even if we don't get punished on the football side of things for this its still upsetting the apple cart again and is certainly something that will make Rafa think twice about staying, and or attracting good players to the club.

It's a right fucking mess as usual, 2 days man!!

I wonder how long it will take to sort out, or at least get a club statement?

Reading a West Ham forum. They reckon it's because we and they declared a certain amount of tax for players from Marseille whereas Marseille have declared a different amount and the discrepancy has been discovered. Sounds like Marseille are the ones fiddling the books and we've been caught in the crossfire.

I hope that's all it is, but I can't understand why Charnley would be arrested? No West Ham official has been arrested as far as I'm aware?

Yep, this is where I'm at a bit of a loss.

Was he arrested or just taken for questioning?

So why hasn't Karren Brady been arrested?

Tory life peer Baroness Brady? Close friend of the Camerons and Murdoch shill, that Karren Brady?

Its a mystery m8

:lol:

Does she do anything with west ham now?  Just seems to be on the apprentice with a sour face.  Looks like a dog chewing a toffee