2017/18 Fixtures - Final Results in OP

Thought I would 'classify' and colour code our fixtures according to finishing position last year of opposition  treating the top seven (15 point gap between Everton 7th and Southampton 8th) as RED (least likely to beat), next six as AMBER, and remaining four, plus promoted sides as GREEN. To make this pseudo-scientific cluster-f*** even more elaborate, opposition moves up or down a category depending if home or away if we are playing a RED team at SJP it becomes an AMBER fixture; and a GREEN team away becomes an AMBER fixture (I know this ignores our relatively better away form, last year).

Point is (other than I am bored and NUFC obsessed...) this should give, based on last year's form/squads, a sense of the relative difficulty of different periods of the season. So:

August:

Spurs H PRED 1 Lost ACT 0

Huddersfield A PRED 2 Lost ACT 0

West Ham H PRED 5 Won ACT 3

September:

Swansea A PRED 6 Won ACT 6

Stoke H PRED 9 Won ACT 9

Brighton A

Liverpool H

October:

Southampton A

Palace H

Burnley A

November:

Bournemouth H

Man Utd A

Watford H

WBA A

December:

Chelsea A

Leicester H

Everton H

Arsenal A

West Ham A

Man City H

Brighton H

January:

Stoke A

Swansea H

Man City A

Burnley H

February:

Palace A

Man Utd H

Bournemouth A

March:

Liverpool A

Southampton H

Spurs A

Huddersfield H

April:

Leicester A

Arsenal H

Everton A

WBA H

May:

Watford A

Chelsea H

10th July is apparently the date Sky/BT sport etc will annonce their fixtures for Aug/Sept. Why take so long ? Give fans as much time as possibly to make travel arrangments etc.

I still dont see why it cant be passed to tv companies before its released so at least the first batch of fixtures are done, sorted and decided so fans can safely book everything.

Having seen that opening day fixture list I'd be surprised if ours didn't get chosen like.

Always bloody does. Someone mentioned Bolton i think it was back in 2007, when we were last 3pm kick off on first game of the season.

10th July is apparently the date Sky/BT sport etc will annonce their fixtures for Aug/Sept. Why take so long ? Give fans as much time as possibly to make travel arrangments etc.

I still dont see why it cant be passed to tv companies before its released so at least the first batch of fixtures are done, sorted and decided so fans can safely book everything.

The TV companies get a say in how the fixture list looks, nevermind get a look before they come out.

Having seen that opening day fixture list I'd be surprised if ours didn't get chosen like.

Always bloody does. Someone mentioned Bolton i think it was back in 2007, when we were last 3pm kick off on first game of the season.

Aye I know, but there aren't many other stand out games. Brighton v Man City will get chosen, after that and ours it's a dreary set of opening fixtures.

The TV companies get a say in how the fixture list looks, nevermind get a look before they come out.

Makes it even more crazy then.

How likely are these to get massively moved around, i'm thinking work hols/travel etc, if our opening game does get moved, whens it likely to get moved to, as may be hard to get work cover that week.

I want Spurs home first, Huddersfield first away and Chelsea home last! A Boxing Day clash at home to Man City would be nice too!

:lol: anyone else I'd say ITK :lol:

Probably had a bet on it

Guest neesy111

Just call me 'Mystic Paully'  :lol: :lol:

I think the first two will be on TV!

Well, you've got a 20% chance of that being correct with 40% of games being on TV each weekend.

Guest chopey

Just call me 'Mystic Paully'  :lol: :lol:

I think the first two will be on TV!

Was that a total guess ?

Using the Green, Amber, Red difficulty coding from my earlier post and estimating a 60%, 30%, and 10% win rate (G,A, Red), and 30%, 20%, 20% draw rate would give us 48 points (and a probable top ten finish). Nottodamus' mystic prediction:

End of October, 13 points from 10 games.

End of December, 27  points from 21 games.

End of Feb, 34 points from 28 games.

End of Season, 48 points from 38 games.