2017/18 Fixtures - Final Results in OP

Benitez told nufc.co.uk: "It's always exciting to see the new fixtures and like the fans, it's something we all look forward to.

"It's a great start at home to Tottenham and a really exciting first game at St. James' Park for our fans to enjoy.

"We will all have extra motivation for that game, but it will be a very tough start too because Spurs showed how good they are last season. Of course they were our last Premier League opponents here too, which was a memorable match for everyone, but this time around it will be completely different."

Games against Huddersfield (away), West Ham (home), Swansea (away), Stoke (home) and Brighton (away) follow and Benitez added: "After Spurs I think then we have a good run of games and I'm pleased to see it's quite a balanced list in terms of the teams we're up against.

"The fans will enjoy being at home to Manchester City on Boxing Day. It is always nice for fans to enjoy games against top teams over the Christmas period.

"We also have a great game to round off the season with Chelsea visiting us on the last day of the season.

"Aside from that, obviously I look forward to the two games with Liverpool; those days will be extra special for me, but really every game is exciting and every game has its own challenges.

"It will be nice, too, to come up against Chris Hughton and his Brighton side again this season.

"This will be Brighton’s first time in the Premier League and the way both our clubs performed in the Championship will make it a special game, I think."

December really could make or break our season.

Hopefully we'll have built up a sizeable gap between us and 2nd place so we'll be able to have a slip up here and there and not be affected too much.

Game month Broadcast selections made

August to September 10 July

October to November 11 August

December to January 12 October

February 12 December

March 25 January

April 26 February

May 6 April

Round 38 matches Selected after Round 37

It looks like a really well balanced schedule to me, with December being the exception.

I think we should be able to go on some runs before and after December that will see us sitting pretty. And if we don't do well in December that'll hopefully give Rafa and Ashley the impetus to bring in some quality in January so we can push on.

Also, Arsenal at home the day after my birthday might mean a trip over the pond for that. :thup:

Best time to play Spurs as most of their team have just finished their seasons! Some of our lot will have had an extra five weeks rest at least! Cannot wait! 5.30pm on the Saturday like the 2012 opener with a similar result would be lovely!

December is pretty much what we've been busting our gut in the championship for. It's the very reason...top quality.

Rafa will have us competing :snod:

And for once we'll not be coming out the back end of it hoping we were back in The Championship so we can win games.

February 12 December

March 25 January

April 26 February

May 6 April

:thup:

Need that stickied somewhere.

February 12 December

March 25 January

April 26 February

May 6 April

:thup:

Need that stickied somewhere.

Stuck it in the OP :thup:

Tottenham Hotspur are looking to avenge their humiliating defeat at Newcastle United on the last day of the 2015-16 Premier League season when the two sides meet on the opening day next season, the North London side's midfielder Eric Dier has said.

Tottenham, who were second for a majority of the campaign, were thrashed 5-1 by an already-relegated Newcastle on the final day, much to the joy of local rivals Arsenal, who sneaked them with a win over Aston Villa.

"Newcastle have just come up and I'm sure the atmosphere will be fantastic for their first game back in the Premier League," Dier told the club's website. (www.tottenhamhotspur.com)

"We want to start well... and make up for what happened there on the last day of the season two years ago."