Mikel Merino (now playing for Real Sociedad)

Disco

Seems to be the case. Rafa has replaced him for free and brought in 10-12m. That’s the Sturaro fee or the guts of it sorted out.

Btw, I’m not sure this lad would be suited to PL either. Has a tendency to lose the ball due to his lack of size, then goes jumping in. Refs here won’t stand for that. He’ll find this league tough.

Playing for Juve doesn’t mean s**** any more. He came on as a sub a lot in this years CL. Kept an eye out but didn’t seem to make much impact.

He's 6'2 :lol:

But still I'm very curious about the circumstances. If he doesn't think he's capable of competing with or ousting Diame from the starting XI I'm not sure he's up to it at all. Crying shame as he could develop into a monster of a midfielder.

He’s 5’10 maybe 5’11 if exaggerating.

Seems to be the case. Rafa has replaced him for free and brought in 10-12m. That’s the Sturaro fee or the guts of it sorted out.

Btw, I’m not sure this lad would be suited to PL either. Has a tendency to lose the ball due to his lack of size, then goes jumping in. Refs here won’t stand for that. He’ll find this league tough.

Playing for Juve doesn’t mean s**** any more. He came on as a sub a lot in this years CL. Kept an eye out but didn’t seem to make much impact.

He's 6'2 :lol:

But still I'm very curious about the circumstances. If he doesn't think he's capable of competing with or ousting Diame from the starting XI I'm not sure he's up to it at all. Crying shame as he could develop into a monster of a midfielder.

He’s 5’10 maybe 5’11 if exaggerating.

Think he's on about Merino, you are on about Sturaro.

Guest Howaythetoon

There has to be something behind the scenes, perhaps Rafa just thought after trying him out and seeing him in training he’s not someone who will make his team on a permanent basis. Such a shitty low fee though. Mind if the market wasn’t as crazy as it is, it would be considered fair fee.

His first few games were amazing. Really thought we had found ourselves a top player.

If I was told he would be sold for £10 million given the current market prices I would have had a heart attack due to laughing so much.

There is a real quality player in there but towards his last few games for us he didn't look as good.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of the conditions of him signing was the inclusion of the low release clause. He did the same at Dortmund. If it's so he can leave to get more game time fair enough, can't blame him.

Or fight for your place and prove your worth?

Guest Howaythetoon

Again very disppaointed, because he is arguably our best player when on form and with huge potential. Ironically we would probably get a hell of a lot more for Shelvey who I feel is limited in comparison despite his good form towards the end of the season.

One of the conditions of him signing was the inclusion of the low release clause. He did the same at Dortmund. If it's so he can leave to get more game time fair enough, can't blame him.

He's sat on the bench for much of the last 2 seasons, I don't blame him either.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's sat on the bench for much of the last 2 seasons, I don't blame him either.

Which makes me return to the idea that Rafa probably doesn’t rate him as highly as he thought having now worked with him.

Guest neesy111

Ki is a decent player but he is a downgrade imho. And he's 29, not much scope for improvement. I hoped we at least replace him with anotehr promising signing

:thup:

Ki is a decent player but he is a downgrade imho. And he's 29, not much scope for improvement. I hoped we at least replace him with anotehr promising signing

I think immediately-speaking he's an upgrade due to his fitness, premier league experience and obvious quality as a footballer. In the long term Merino would probably have progressed into a first team starter as he obviously looked really talented, but as it stands it's still up for speculation whether he would have re-discovered his early form next season, he looked poor at times last season admittedly, and I really like him.