Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Didn't have a particularly good game but worked hard, kept at it and helped us win the match. Same as Perez.

Yeah I didn't think he was all that today, in fact his was a little anonymous until he popped up with that vital assist. Still didn't stop the Beeb and Ryder giving him MoM like :)

He'll be the club record signing at around £17m in a few months.

Not really convinced they'll ask for that much you know. He was nowhere near their first team, and got sent home from that tour in asia because he did something naughty.

Think we're going to be able to nick him for around £10 - £12 million.

rafa will have already negotiated the price imo...the worry would be that he'd set the world alight and they'd want daft money for him but his performances for us are the type that go nicely under the radar while being very useful at the same time, i.e. he's not scoring wonder goals against 'the big cloobs'

Saw the tackle of MOTD and didn’t think it was as bad as BBC made out, he went to block the clearance and was unlucky that he caught him like that. Hope the injury isn’t serious for the player. Imagine if we got Kennedy at the start of the season. 😲

The awareness and composure to set up Perez yesterday was unreal..would have been so easy to just smash it towards goal there.

He's got so much ability but his decision making has impressed me no end.

He has had a good game.  The reason why he didn't shine is purely due to being constantly marked by 3 opponents, and still able to provide the killer assist that won us the game.

The very reason why he was wanted so badly by Rafa, really couldn't understand why by just looking at his highlights and reading about him -- he's a hard working player first and foremost with really good individual skill and sound decision making when it matters.

Physically he’s up to it which not many of our players are. I’d say only him, Shelvey and our defenders are up to it physically in terms of strength and pace. The rest of our team is either slow or weak.

Hope Chelsea don’t ask for too much although I can see the price coming close to £20m.

So that's what? 2 goals, 3 assists and he's won a pen and hit the wood work in like 7 games?

Not too shabby. If he summons-up a liking for fish and chips and a random after the whistle kung fu kick on a goalkeeper, he might become my favourite Brazilian. 

Physically he’s up to it which not many of our players are. I’d say only him, Shelvey and our defenders are up to it physically in terms of strength and pace. The rest of our team is either slow or weak.

Hope Chelsea don’t ask for too much although I can see the price coming close to £20m.

£20m?! No chance man.They won't ask for that much.

Think what we should aim to do this summer is offer £40m for Kenedy, Abraham and Loftus-Cheek.

I think these three are tremendous talents. Kenedy has been great for us, and Abraham and Loftus-Cheek haven't quite had obviously good seasons, and we should take advantage of that with the pair of them. Think Rafa would have them both looking like stars in his system along with Kenedy, who is already showing major potential.

Big summer ahead.

Loftus-Cheek could be a really top class player, would love to have him here. Not convinced by Tammy ‘the entourage’ Abraham yet. Would rather go for a safer bet at striker, if we can stump-up for one. Such a crucial position and we have felt the absence of the kind of clinical finishing you’d expect at this level.

Think what we should aim to do this summer is offer £40m for Kenedy, Abraham and Loftus-Cheek.

I think these three are tremendous talents. Kenedy has been great for us, and Abraham and Loftus-Cheek haven't quite had obviously good seasons, and we should take advantage of that with the pair of them. Think Rafa would have them both looking like stars in his system along with Kenedy, who is already showing major potential.

Big summer ahead.

Would you be happy for those 3 for Lascelles?

i doubt very much you'd get 2 of them for £40m never mind 3

not bothered about abraham either, would take the other two in a heartbeat though

Same thought would say you'd not get our captain for £40m either. But those 3 for him would for me seem a fair deal.

i doubt very much you'd get 2 of them for £40m never mind 3

not bothered about abraham either, would take the other two in a heartbeat though

Same thought would say you'd not get our captain for £40m either. But those 3 for him would for me seem a fair deal.

on paper sure, like many i'm not sure we can afford to lose what lascelles gives us myself as it's a very hard thing to find in football

Pretty sure Bournemouth had to pay £20m for Ake, so it will be around that.

Ake had just completed a very succesful full season at Bournemouth and he was  closer to featuring with Chelsea than Kenedy has been for them. Also think there was other interest in the prem for Ake, and so that factored too.

It's a good point, but I just have a feelign they won't be looking fo rthe same amount for Kenedy. He hasn't been as much an obvious success, with us being down the table and not getting as much attention this season. If we had got Kenedy in the summer say, and we were around 8th or 10th place and he was playing l ike he has been, then we would be looking at around the same money as that Ake deal then.

Abraham and Loftus-Cheek are young English players, they’re not going for under £20m, man. Look at what Oxlade fetched Arsenal with a year remaining on his deal. Look at Drinkwater to Chelsea. That’s the fee for English players.

Kenedy we have more hope of signing although I really think it’ll be around £20m because he’s young and physically up to it.

Big summer ahead.

Would you be happy for those 3 for Lascelles?

Incredibly tempting man. I love Lascelles, but I do think Rafa is great at spotting a top defender and setting a team up to defend in general, and so replacing him wouldn't be a disaster.

I do love Lascelles leadership and personality though. Very difficult question. hopefully the interest from Chelsea is not real, and we can do a deal for any of their players seperately.

Rafa seems to have a good relationship with Chelsea from his time there, and he rates and has previously gone for Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek and Abraham, so it will be interesting man.

Abraham and Loftus-Cheek are young English players, they’re not going for under £20m, man. Look at what Oxlade fetched Arsenal with a year remaining on his deal. Look at Drinkwater to Chelsea. That’s the fee for English players.

Kenedy we have more hope of signing although I really think it’ll be around £20m because he’s young and physically up to it.

Abraham has been messed about at Swansea with the change in manager and just their general poor play prior to that. Hopefully that has humbled him and taught him a harsh lesson. It generally means he will still be seen as a championship level talent for now, so the price should be around the £15 million mark. Loftus-Cheek injuries this season gives us a chance of getting him for around £15 million too IMO. He has done nothing at the top level if you really look at it.

Ox was putting in performances for Arsenal and England already. Full international. Drinkwater had just won the league recently with Leicester and was one of their best players. Very different circumstances.

All depends on who owns us come the start of the transfer window I imagine??

Can't imagine fat twat stumping up any sort of serious cash for the lad (or anyone else for that matter).

New owners and a sensible bid of 17-20m for the lad should see him here.

Personally would not want Lascelles to be any part of any deal. I think he is more important to us and any future Rafa plans (again dependant on fat twat having finally fucked off)

Guest Howaythetoon

He has his flaws, but I really like him as a player and he seems a good egg too. It’s imperative we try and sign him and if that means splashing 20m then so be it.

If he costs what we sell Mitrovic for I'll be happy.