Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Can't believe people are still falling for the 'he'll not want to sit on [insert_richer_more_successful_club]'s bench' thing with footballers. :lol:

Why did he leave Chelsea? Why did he say he'd move to us happily, instead of sitting on the Chelsea bench? You're literally commenting this on a piece of evidence that disproves your point :lol:.

Can't help but think this Sky News 'news' is just an attempt at a bit of shit stirring now we're pretty much safe. Sky 'understands' PSG & Bayern are interested, yada yada yada. He's of course not our player, he's indicated he'd be open to a move, I still think he's a way off a move to a PSG or Bayern.

Can't believe people are still falling for the 'he'll not want to sit on [insert_richer_more_successful_club]'s bench' thing with footballers. :lol:

"Footballers". As if all footballers have the same values and the same professional goals. Maybe not as diverse group as some other professions but still, quite a generalisation.

Why did he leave Chelsea? Why did he say he'd move to us happily, instead of sitting on the Chelsea bench? You're literally commenting this on a piece of evidence that disproves your point :lol:.

Why didn't he leave Chelsea in the summer?

To clarify, I'm specifically referring to the concept of him turning the likes of PSG down to come here, as had been proposed.

Why didn't he leave Chelsea in the summer?

To clarify, I'm specifically referring to the concept of him turning the likes of PSG down to come here, as had been proposed.

Conte refused to let him.

If he gets an opportunity to move to one of the big CL clubs then fair play to the guy. It's probably a once in a lifetime opportunity and you couldn't blame him for going for it. As a footballer he has to back himself to succeed wherever he goes.

If it just paper talk though, I think we'd be in pole position to sign him. He's absolutely thriving under Rafa and he's loved by the fans. It would be great to see a banner for him at the last home game of the season thanking him for what he's done. Might just tug on the heartstrings a bit.

I think he might sign as well. :thup:

But if others are offering much higher wages and CL football (even if we all on here think it would be on the bench) then I don't think we'd stand much chance. That's all.

If he wants to play regular then we are probably the best club for him to sign for in the summer. - In England that is?

If he wants CL and regular first team football then a german club or italian could be the answer. (not Bayern or Juventus)

I think he might sign as well. :thup:

But if others are offering much higher wages and CL football (even if we all on here think it would be on the bench) then I don't think we'd stand much chance. That's all.

I guess Benitez will be key in all this. If he stays his status and ability to convince Kenedy that it's better for him to stay and get regular 1st team action will be crucial.

Kenedy is exactly the type of player who would probably stay and play for Rafa whereas if it all goes tits up and we get another patsy in no chance it'll happen.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: This guy is nowhere near good enough for the CL. He's been alright for us, but it's not like he's been our best player since he arrived.

Daft comment given how many average sides play in the competition and equally average players. He’d do a job for PSG or Bayern, although he obviously wouldn’t star. To rule him out of such moves because he’s not a top player is daft. Err... didn’t he sign for Chelsea after all? I hope we sign him and he continues to develop here because he has the makings of a top player for us and in Rafa someone who can get him into the Brazil side no doubt.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ronaldinho special there. Probably learnt that off him as he's the only other player I've seen do that.

First of all that pace, power and drive then the strength and willingness to stay on his feet. And then the skill and pass... all within 5 or so seconds. Top play from a very promising player.

:lol: This guy is nowhere near good enough for the CL. He's been alright for us, but it's not like he's been our best player since he arrived.

Daft comment given how many average sides play in the competition and equally average players. He’d do a job for PSG or Bayern, although he obviously wouldn’t star. To rule him out of such moves because he’s not a top player is daft. Err... didn’t he sign for Chelsea after all? I hope we sign him and he continues to develop here because he has the makings of a top player for us and in Rafa someone who can get him into the Brazil side no doubt.

Why is it a daft comment? Based on what I've seen, there's no way he is good enough to even be a part-time player for any of those teams. If a guy like Lucas Moura who is a much more accomplished and better footballer can barely get a second for PSG or even Spurs then I don't see how Kenedy could.

Sorry if old news but do we have 1st refusal on him but with no fee being agreed in advance?

I've never believed that, or read it anywhere. I guess we have a slight advantage in that he's been here and enjoyed it, but as far as I know that's it.