Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Guest Howaythetoon

Gave the ball away loads

He tried too many things and not many where on his wavelength. Again he was constantly up and down, attacking, defending, or working hard and trying to beat his man or get us going. This was by no means a great performance, it wasn’t, but I like what I see and feel if he had less defensive responsibility and had better players around him, he’d be a hell of a player for us.

Has skill but tries risky stuff in his own half and loses the ball in areas where he shouldn't be taking risks. The jury is still out but in a team that's seriously lacking flair and creativity, we need him. He may make it as a winger but he's not a full back.

Guest Howaythetoon

Has skill but tries risky stuff in his own half and loses the ball in areas where he shouldn't be taking risks. The jury is still out but in a team that's seriously lacking flair and creativity, we need him. He may make it as a winger but he's not a full back.

Agreed.

I'm reassured people are still seeing the positives he brings.  Persoanlly, I thought he played shite against Liverpool (and Man Utd, for that matter). In fact, after a strong start I've been disappointed, not saying it is justified but that's how I feel. Looked great (was it Burnley then Palace?), then meh: slow, easily tired, ponderous on the ball, stuff not coming off for him more often than it does. I have changed my views about Merino, in the same way, so perhaps it is me. But both seem(ed) to have all the attributes you could want and then... you can see why they were loaned out and sold (will be) from tier 1 clubs.

I'm reassured people are still seeing the positives he brings.  Persoanlly, I thought he played s**** against Liverpool (and Man Utd, for that matter). In fact, after a strong start I've been disappointed, not saying it is justified but that's how I feel. Looked great (was it Burnley then Palace?), then meh: slow, easily tired, ponderous on the ball, stuff not coming off for him more often than it does. I have changed my views about Merino, in the same way, so perhaps it is me. But both seem(ed) to have all the attributes you could want and then... you can see why they were loaned out and sold (will be) from tier 1 clubs.

Agree with this tbh.

There's something there, hopefully something big. But right now a very flawed player. Can still be huge for us mind.

My biggest praise for him during the last 2 games is holding the ball. He uses his body very well to shield before playing a pass. Doesn't panic, waits for the right time instead of hoofing or knocking it out of play.

Well compared to Atsu and Murphy etc :lol:

Nee bump, are you for real N-O?!

Actually said to friends before the match this would be his day today, put a bet on him scoring first I was that sure. I was doubtful we needed him in January but glad to be totally wrong.

To be honest, I didn't realise just how strong he was when he signed him. Improved us loads.

He is an exceptional athlete.

Strong, quick, fast, and so energetic.

Only just turned 22 last month man. Really hope we can snap this kid up on a permanent deal somehow.

Guest Howaythetoon

We have to sign him. You cannot understate what having a player with his strengths in the side brings to the team and for someone like Dummet. First half it was all down our left, Ritchie for example didn’t have a touch hardly as we were so strong down the left. He will be better the less he has to defend and work so hard. Today he was everywhere and it’s no coincidence he sometimes overruns it or just fails to get onto things, because he’s over doing it for the cause of the team. Which is great and needed, but with better players and us playing a more possession and offensive game, he’d be f***ing dynamite IMO.

As a completely non-constructive, pointless post, I love having someone called Kenedy in the team. Just feels good to say "Howay Kenedy" "Go on Kenedy" "Gettin Kenedy".

As you were.

As I was, but life slightly enhanced  O0