Joselu (now playing for Al Gharafa)

Dave

He is what he is, a £5m striker in a league where he's playing against £10m-£50m defenders.  Not his fault I guess.

He was playing against Wes Morgan, signed for 1m from Nottingham Forest in the championship. which is still a higher level than his actually ability .

5th choice striker in not being very good shocker.

In what universe is he 5th choice? If you take out Rondon, who's never fit for purpose, there are Perez and Muto, both of whom are injury free afaik. He's starting up front ahead of them, so I make it 2nd best unless I'm missing someone.

Don't think he was trying to be particularly accurate with numbers , but I think he was referring to Rafa's shopping list rather than our (feeble) current selection alternatives .

Ah ok. I'm going to agree with tubesation's dad here then, if he's not good enough then don't agree to buy him. And definitely don't keep starting the fucker in every game.

I've said this many times if the player is not good enough don't buy the fucker. You cannot polish a turd no matter how hard you try

But if we didn’t buy sub-par players we wouldn’t make any signings. Should Rafa just run with three subs or something?

If it is a bad as that then walk out and take the fuckers to court for constructive dismisal, as the fat cunt has openly within published statements lied to him about the money and support the club were supposedly going to back him with. If a player isn't good enough nothing is going to change that. It's totally the reason we are where we are because of this - these supposed subs by the way have at times ended up as first choice players.

I honestly think it should be Perez or Muto up top, with an extra midfielder in the centre.

Has to be better than having Joselu play man.

Agree with that completely.

We played fairly well with Perez up top against Stoke away, last season.

Has to worth a shot.

I honestly thought Joselu would never play for us again, after that Burnley pen miss.

How wrong I was  :sad:

But if we didn’t buy sub-par players we wouldn’t make any signings. Should Rafa just run with three subs or something?

Exactly. Imagine the state of us on Saturday if we never signed Joselu murphy atsu etc we would have no bench

We'd be booing Adam Armstrong and Callum Roberts as we got thrashed.

Perez is definitely more of striker than he is a ten. Better with less time to get pressured on the ball. He's scored a fair few really good finishes for us. He's not massively prolific but I'd back him in front of goal more than Joselu

Perez is defo better with less time, agreed.

Personally I would try Muto and/or Perez as strikers. Perez is only good in the final third anyway.

Maybe a front three of Kenedy, Muto, Perez or something. Just anything to get the ball moving along the ground and get this useless lump out of the team.

Shelvey is pointless without anyone to pass to.

• 2 months later...
Guest reefatoon

That's because he is absolutely fucking abysmal.  Such a non entity it's frightening. right up there with the worst we have ever had the misfortune to watch.

• 3 weeks later...