Joselu (now playing for Al Gharafa)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Really can’t see how anyone could come to the conclusion he ‘makes us better’ like.

Better than the alternatives. He and Perez desperately need replacing though, that goes without saying.

Could he play in the Perez withdrawn striker role?

I suppose, in the same way you could play Jamaal Lascelles in the withdrawn striker role.

:lol: Jamaal would stand his ground and not get pushed about. Joselu would be even weaker than Ayoze in that hole.

Got an element of sympathy for Joselu and Perez facing that Palace side made up of mostly holding midfielders. Was a properly negative tactical setup by them, to our credit that we dug out the win.

Wasn't he supposed to be decent in the air? He's obviously low on confidence and isn't getting great service but he just poses so little threat. I'm ready to give him the next game against Burnley but anything more than that can barely be justified.

Wasn't he supposed to be decent in the air? He's obviously low on confidence and isn't getting great service but he just poses so little threat. I'm ready to give him the next game against Burnley but anything more than that can barely be justified.

He had that one great header against Swansea, that was  incredibly saved but outside that I've never seen him use his head at all in our colours.

The last few games he has been poor, I wasn't surprised Van Dijk got the better of him BUT Yoshida dominated him in the air

I think he came here short of confidence, scored a couple and looked to be growing and then I think the Stoke game did him in again. He seems to have shrunk since then.

I know he scored against Liverpool but he very nearly didn't and if he's questioning himself, he probably won't back on that positively

He really does seem to lack confidence. The goal against Liverpool was a real bumbling effort and it was a pure fluke he scored it in the end. I'd prefer Mitro just based on mentality tbh.

I just think he's shite at the role he has to play tbh. It goes for just about every striker that they're better with great support, but Joselu massively suffers without it from what we've seen.

First 2 games or so he played he looked perfect for us but he seems to be getting further and further away from the rest of the team as the weeks have went on (not necessarily literally, but it feels like it).

He's been completely anonymous since Stoke but there's definitely a handy player in there.

His defencive header from that CP corner could have saved the game for us and allowed us to get the three points.  I think he is an intelligent player has good movement but lacks confidence.  For Rafa's system to work really well you need a Torres, someone who can score goals out of nothing.  I think when Amanda is finished with me she will address that problem

His defencive header from that CP corner could have saved the game for us and allowed us to get the three points.  I think he is an intelligent player has good movement but lacks confidence.  For Rafa's system to work really well you need a Torres, someone who can score goals out of nothing.  I think when Amanda is finished with me she will address that problem

Tut tut, Harvey Weinstein.