Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd honestly rather have Shola back up front, Joselu is rubbish. For his height he is useless in the air and very weak. He doesn't have a clean strike on him either.

I'd honestly rather have Shola back up front, Joselu is rubbish. For his height he is useless in the air and very weak. He doesn't have a clean strike on him either.

I totally agree with you. People keep saying he is average, that is an insult to average players in this division...

Btw: didnt realise how tall he was, tought he was more 180cm(5.11).

seems like he literally inches from being decent.  how many times has he hit the woodwork or missed putting the ball just inside it?  not saying he's talented, but with slightly better luck he'd have quite a few more goals and this thread would be different.

seems like he literally inches from being decent.  how many times has he hit the woodwork or missed putting the ball just inside it?  not saying he's talented, but with slightly better luck he'd have quite a few more goals and this thread would be different.

I'd normally go along with this type of analysis, how you miss is sometimes more important than the miss itself. But I think he lacks bottle to play for a club like this, and that's a bigger issue. Mitro isn't a good finisher either, but he has much more self belief.

I'd normally go along with this type of analysis, how you miss is sometimes more important than the miss itself. But I think he lacks bottle to play for a club like this, and that's a bigger issue. Mitro isn't a good finisher either, but he has much more self belief.

I think that he's a good finisher. All his goals this year are some quality finishing. He missed the chance against West Ham, but that was more Hart's save than Mitrovic's miss. Against Forest in League Cup he scored a beautiful goal. Against Preston, he scored that goal while throwing three players and goal keeper on their backs. And most importantly, Joe Hard will always remmember the day when Mitrovic sent him for newspappers.

I think that he was under pressure in the first season. Age 20, everyone's expecting from him to score every game. That's a lot for a young man. Harry Kane was still going on loans at his age.  Anyway, it really doesn't matter atm, he's not in anyones plans and we are playing Gayle and Joselu and we should be supporting the lads and we shouldn't be killing their morale after every game. That puts them under pressure, and we don't know if they are good players under pressure.

While neither are prolific I think it's very telling the way they have scored this season.

Joselu - His first was hardly clinical and was almost blocked and the second a defender played it off his foot. Both quite fortunate .

Mitrovic - A clinical powerful first time shot into the top corner and another when he confidently waltzed past Joe Hart.

While two goals a piece is hardly a great deal to go on I still think it makes for a valid comparison. Mitrovic does seem to have greater confidence and looks able to take chances, Joselu sadly looks like a Spanish Luuk De Jong!

Joselu is OK in the air, and on Saturday he was winning more than his fair share of headers against their centre backs before being taken off. All the more strange that Mitro wasn't his direct replacement.

Nothing to do with luck when you've a yard on the 18 yard line and you don't hit the target, as happened on Saturday. And I'll not even mention his performance against Stoke.

Nothing to do with luck when you've a yard on the 18 yard line and you don't hit the target, as happened on Saturday. And I'll not even mention his performance against Stoke.

yeah, fair enough. am not trying to defend him--more a comment of the 'it's a funny old game variety'.  He's like the anti-Sibierski  :lol:

https://www.joselumato.com/  new website is live chaps, enthralling stuff.

Pointless badly designed website. It’s menu simply has a home button (even though you’re already there..

I wonder if he did it on Wix himself or if someone conned him out of all his savings for one

Sounds like the perfect parody of the player himself.