Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Ham United - 26/08/17 (post match reaction from p22)

Greg

A few pints later and I thorougly enjoyed today, we were great, Ritchie, Hayden and Merino outstanding. Thought they were very poor, the shot off the line by Clark aside they had absolutely nothing. Punished them for it which is pleasing, could've been 4 or 5 with Ritchie's shot towards the end of the second half and Mitro's first 1v1, his second was a great finish though.

Think Rafa will at the very least see out the season. Still need investment badly. The team worked extremely hard for that today and if we have to do that every week we're going to struggle to keep that work rate up.

Nevertheless, enjoyed it very much today and it's put me in a fantastic mood, especially compared to this morning and last night.  :aww:

My only criticism today was that we seemed to give Cresswell too much space quite often for a spell in the second half. And Blob's kicking from the floor was terrible again but his kicking from his hands wasn't bad.

You forget how average Mark Noble is. Surely West Ham fans can see they'd be a much better team without him playing

Ritchie was easily man of the match. Some other tidy displays.

We really need to be more clinical though, had some real big chances to have more goals in our favour, plenty got wasted.

Mbemba is better than Dummett.

Mbemba got roasted in the first half by their number 30 but had a better 2nd half.

Ritchie absolutely ran himself into the ground today, MOM by miles.

Hart looks shot.

Atsu had a very good battle with Zabaleta.

Like Joselu.

Only one i'm not struck on today was Manquillo, they got a lot of joy down that flank in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half and I think he goes wandering out of position and is slow to get back.

Chicarito is a cunt and Noble should have got a second yellow for the foul on Hayden to stop us breaking.

My only criticism today was that we seemed to give Cresswell too much space quite often for a spell in the second half. And Blob's kicking from the floor was terrible again but his kicking from his hands wasn't bad.

You forget how average Mark Noble is. Surely West Ham fans can see they'd be a much better team without him playing

They thought he should have been playing for England last season to be fair  [emoji1]

Chicarito is a c*** and Noble should have got a second yellow for the foul on Hayden to stop us breaking.

Noble didn't even get a first yellow

4th official called the ref over for a chat when we had a corner and when he went back to the penalty area he booked Noble (unless he waved it someone else)

Chicarito is a c*** and Noble should have got a second yellow for the foul on Hayden to stop us breaking.

4th official called the ref over for a chat when we had a corner and when he went back to the penalty area he booked Noble (unless he waved it someone else)

Hernandez.

That was Hernandez

Hernandez.

Presumably Noble was just in the vicinity as captain and trying to ref the game. Was sure it was him who'd been booked.

I said the other day that if you take your chances it's easier, if you make mistakes it's worse. So today, we took our chances - it could have been even better, we have to say that - but we are really pleased with 3-0.

#negativetactics #hatesgoals #play442

What a difference a win and a decent performance can do for the mood. Sounds like we played really well and it was vital we won today like! NOW SIGN SOME FUCKING PLAYERS MIKE!

Hmmm, one short and concise paragraph. DAVE, someone's broke into HTT's account!

You forgot, he also never mentioned his Merc.

I reckon with a good keeper we'll do alright. Not amazingly but alright. Keeper is our weakest area.

Agree.

If, optimistically, we do have one transfer left this window with Riviere and De Jong going... I think I'd go keeper.

Sad there's only one, but hey ho.