Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Like he coped with the pace and strength of the league. Put his foot in. And when West Ham had the ball, he was silky. He’s not Tonali off the ball but he held his own. 

I’ve realised - Howe doesn’t love that profile of player.  He’s more Klopp than Guardiola. Moyes than Ten Hag.  He ranks physicality super high. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Like he coped with the pace and strength of the league. Put his foot in. And when West Ham had the ball, he was silky. He’s not Tonali off the ball but he held his own. 

I’ve realised - Howe doesn’t love that profile of player.  He’s more Klopp than Guardiola. Moyes than Ten Hag.  He ranks physicality super high. 

Please don’t disrespect wor Eddie by mentioning inferior managers in the same sentence as him. 

Understat last three seasons. Maddison's are all in the PL.

understat.thumb.jpg.effd7a5dcff3c5887b103907868ac44c.jpg

Sofascore (Paqueta in green, Maddison in blue)

sofascore.jpg.28f4dd18103880bfa2bbc1a57305b47f.jpg

Unless you see and want Paqueta as more box-to-box, I don't see why you don't buy Maddison for half the money. The only logic to Paqueta is if you see him as a proto Bruno 6-8 to replace Gundogan. You buy him for the feist.

KDB is missing more games with injuries, CL final included. If that is the concern, Maddison scores highly as a final ball merchant/assist monster to help replace him.

I love how City went from not interested last summer (at €43 mill) to bidding €101 mill after an "ok" season at West Ham.. I guess they were busy signing Kalvin Phillips last summer.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Paqueta will obviously be better at City than at West Ham but that's ridiculous money for him. The market has gone absolutely daft.

Pretty mid season and his last months at Lyon were supposedly canny average as well (although after a sparkling 6-month period).