Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 minutes ago, Flip said:

Rooney for me. 

Even the length of his good years? He had like 9 years at the top. What version of Rooney would you take for a season over any version of Kane over the last decade? Not saying you’re wrong - just want to know your thoughts in more detail.  

Somehow because he’s a top 5 teenage sensation.  And he was more agile and athletic and could beat a man. I feel like Rooney is more talented. But Kane is a better finisher, better movement as a striker, better in the air, equal passing range. Better weak foot etc. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If I was Spurs I wouldn't try to spend the money this window. 

Maybe get a backup to Richarlison in and just roll with him. 

If I was Spurs, I’d be spending it on good squad players like Hendrick, and Fraser.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If I was Spurs I wouldn't try to spend the money this window. 

Maybe get a backup to Richarlison in and just roll with him. 

Think that’s their approach. Or at least not signing a direct replacement. They wanting to sign a 29 year old from Portugal league as competition for Richarlison. 

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t get the big fuss about the PL record.  If he stays in the league and fit he’ll get it. He’ll end up with more goals than Shearer in pro football and he may triple his England tally. 

There’s nothing to prove on that point. It’s not even like Shearer is the best PL striker we’ve seen and the record is proof.  

Question for the forum: overall whi is better - Kane or Rooney? Include their prime, overall career and talent. 

Rooney was a better footballer in terms of technique on the ball, he was amazing up until that metatarsal injury. After that he was still a fantastic player but he was less explosive. Kane is a better goalscorer and better long passer along the ground for sure. If I had to choose who I’d go for based on their entire careers, I’d probably go for Kane even though his career honours are pitiful 

Has Lavia to Chelsea been facilitated by us buying Livramento? It means money has to pass from Southampton to Chelsea for his sell-on clause, unless a player goes there instead. With taxes, FFP or whatever, it might be easier to send a player. Or easier for Chelsea to outbid Liverpool for a Southampton player, given the credit they have the Southampton bank and what can be submitted to the authorities on paper as the price. 

fwiw, I think Caicedo is probably overrated. I suspect the safest bet to buy from Brighton would be Mitoma, the player with the highest individual skill that would be replicable in any system. I like Caicedo to Liverpool as a transfer, because its going to be Declan Rice money and all that bollocks about moneyball and "ceilings" goes out the window.

My guess is this whole rumour about Kane just now thinking of staying at Spurs was a ploy by him to hurry the transfer along.

He stays for another year, refuses to sign an extension as Levy has messed him around, then goes for free after that. Meaning Spurs need to take the offer or leave it.

I reckon even though Spurs have accepted the bid, it’s not out of the question he stays. He does have a get out clause though where he can say “I wanted to stay but the club agreed a fee and I felt I had to go given the club’s stance”. Think that’s the weasely option he’ll eventually plump for now