Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Paqueta will obviously be better at City than at West Ham but that's ridiculous money for him. The market has gone absolutely daft.

Premier league clubs generally don’t need the money so in order to obtain the best players of other clubs you have to pay silly money. 

I can definitely see how Paqueta will fit in at City, he can offer a lot in multiple roles. It's just insane money.

I guess they're in a position of strength to now spend massive on a PL ready players like him and Grealish. Generally got a smallish squad of 16 or so first choice players padded out with youngsters, regularly making lots of money on academy sales. The fee is almost irrelevant to them if it's the player they want.

I honestly think he has been done by Levy here. Levy likely knew/had been told Kane didn't want it to be left this late so has waited till now to accept pretty much the same bid Bayern put in a week ago. Now he can spin it to the Spurs fans as Kane being the villain next season for leaving (likely for Man U or Chelsea) for free when the club could have gotten a fee for him this window. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He needs a proper agent. 

Think he needs to look at himself also. There is no way Bayern would have bid 100m, and agree a fee with Levy without positive signs from Kane. I dont think Kane knows himself what he really want to do.

Edited by nufc123

Kane may just be prodding Bayern for a last-minute wage hike. 

A Man U of the past would have got it done, probably years ago for a world record fee, but too much of a shitshow now.

If Man U hadn't spunked all their money on a crocked kid they may have been able to force it through now. It wouldn't shock me if they still gave it a go, but i just think Levy wants him abroad if he is to be sold. I wonder if he knew Kane was minded to stay and then accepted the bid just to prove to the owner that he was willing to sell. Wouldn't shock me at all.

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

If Man U hadn't spunked all their money on a crocked kid they may have been able to force it through now. It wouldn't shock me if they still gave it a go, but i just think Levy wants him abroad if he is to be sold. I wonder if he knew Kane was minded to stay and then accepted the bid just to prove to the owner that he was willing to sell. Wouldn't shock me at all.

Proper Mike Ashley in disguise at spurs.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Yeah that makes some sense.

He might go, he might not. We’ll see. He’s settled with family and kids, clearly loves the club, it’s a tough decision. Anyone pretending it’s not is a bit daft.

The thing I don’t get about Kane and the top goalscorer record is that records are made to be broken. If Kane stays and breaks it then Shearer only had it about 20 years. What’s the point in Kane staying for it and living to see someone break it, no one cares who is 2nd on the list. It’s all about trophies, they last forever. He’s an idiot not to go and finally win something.

£100 million for the Paqueta I watched at West Ham last season is actually hilarious. Great business for West Ham.

Paqueta will clearly be far better suited at Man City. However I'm still not sure exactly how good he'll ultimately be. 

My guy instinct is that he'll be alright kind of the way Grealish has been and not the level of the likes of DeBruyne, Gundogan and Bernardo.

Coulde be wrong though. Be really interesting to see how it plays out.

This season is going to be something.

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

Egg all over Bayern's face if he does stay.

Making him their number 1 target, very publicly pursuing him, only for the player to turn them down for ... Spurs.

This is why it feels like this is all theatre or he's had another offer.

44 minutes ago, Sima said:

What a boring bastard if true.

44 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

What a shitshow him and his brother are

43 minutes ago, Sean said:

What an absolute fanny he is.

42 minutes ago, chronicfc said:

Kane has bottled it . Devoid of ambition 

And here’s the thing. It’s understandable that people say this stuff. It’s just…it sounds a bit hollow coming from you guys after Shearer turned down Man U to go to Newcastle.

I think it’s great he did. I love when players stay with teams their whole career, or choose their boyhood club over trophies or money or whatever. Doesn’t happen often enough. Just feels a bit rich to hear people complain about the top teams creaming off the best players and then complain that Kane/Shearer/Totti/whoever doesn’t have ambition.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah that makes some sense.

He might go, he might not. We’ll see. He’s settled with family and kids, clearly loves the club, it’s a tough decision. Anyone pretending it’s not is a bit daft.

I have totally respect if he wants to stay at Spurs. He is a legend there and obviously loves the club. Nobody knows what is going on apart from the player and his crew, but he whole thing seems a bit weird. A bit like should I stay or should I go. 

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Egg all over Bayern's face if he does stay.

Making him their number 1 target, very publicly pursuing him, only for the player to turn them down for ... Spurs.

It’s almost worth it just for that tbh.

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

And here’s the thing. It’s understandable that people say this stuff. It’s just…it sounds a bit hollow coming from you guys after Shearer turned down Man U to go to Newcastle.

I think it’s great he did. I love when players stay with teams their whole career, or choose their boyhood club over trophies or money or whatever. Doesn’t happen often enough. Just feels a bit rich to hear people complain about the top teams creaming off the best players and then complain that Kane/Shearer/Totti/whoever doesn’t have ambition.

We where title challenges when he turned them down tbf.

Just now, leffe186 said:

The point is, he looks more like a Gerrard (who was desperate to join Chelsea) than a Shearer, who as far as I remember, never wanted out of Newcastle once he was here.

Of course it's only rumours, but there's been talk about Kane wanting to leave Spurs for at least three seasons now, and of course people will see him as a bottler when the chance comes and he ends up staying at a Spurs without European football when he could have moved go Bayern Munich.