Other clubs' transfers

Greg

53 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So what exactly was the deal with this guy?

Because it seems he was never really given a fair go, right from the outset.

Completely destroyed the guy's confidence and career man. My God.

Ole just never wanted him and then subsequent managers never trusted him. He's maybe just not very good. 

Career completely ruined at us though aye. 

I feel Man Utd buy expensive attacking midfielders to play behind the striker but their best player is Bruno Fernandes who plays best in that position.

The Mount transfer last summer didn't make much sense anyway but especially as he wants to play in Bruno's position

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I feel Man Utd buy expensive attacking midfielders to play behind the striker but their best player is Bruno Fernandes who plays best in that position.

The Mount transfer last summer didn't make much sense anyway but especially as he wants to play in Bruno's position

But we literally have nobody else who can play there. You can't have only one player in a position if you want to be successful. We've been very lucky that Fernandes is extremely robust but you need to have a backup plan if he isn't available. With no Mount that's probably McTominay who isn't good enough. 

Mount can and has played three or four other positions as well so the signing made sense from a quality depth point of view. I think you'll see a lot more from him this year if he can stay injury free. 

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Always find it a bit sad when a smaller team has an exceptional season and then their talent gets picked off almost immediately. 

Like Bologna losing their manager and one of their best players to Juve and Man Utd respectively 

Other examples I can think of are Monaco and Ajax when they did really well in the CL. Leicester and Southampton to a lesser extent.  And it looks like it's happening to Girona now too

Obviously it's the nature of business and it's been happening for a long time but it ruins any sort of romanticism for the fans. 

Like imagine being a Bologna fan having their best season for ages and then spend the summer losing their manager and top player. Just think it's a bit shit :lol:

Crystal Palace could get torn apart this summer as well

35 minutes ago, Froggy said:

But we literally have nobody else who can play there. You can't have only one player in a position if you want to be successful. We've been very lucky that Fernandes is extremely robust but you need to have a backup plan if he isn't available. With no Mount that's probably McTominay who isn't good enough. 

Mount can and has played three or four other positions as well so the signing made sense from a quality depth point of view. I think you'll see a lot more from him this year if he can stay injury free. 

Did they pay £55m + £5m in potential add-ons for a player with one year left on his contract, gave him a wage of £250k/w (incl. bonuses) when their best player already plays in that position? Seems like a strange transfer.

2 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Did they pay £55m + £5m in potential add-ons for a player with one year left on his contract, gave him a wage of £250k/w (incl. bonuses) when their best player already plays in that position? Seems like a strange transfer.

No I think it was more as a replacement for Eriksen. The vision was Casemiro, Mount and Fernandes, but Mount is capable of playing in many positions if required. 

Mainoo is obviously the best midfielder in history now, so Mount is a backup to three or four positions. 

4 hours ago, joeyt said:

Always find it a bit sad when a smaller team has an exceptional season and then their talent gets picked off almost immediately. 

Like Bologna losing their manager and one of their best players to Juve and Man Utd respectively 

Other examples I can think of are Monaco and Ajax when they did really well in the CL. Leicester and Southampton to a lesser extent.  And it looks like it's happening to Girona now too

Obviously it's the nature of business and it's been happening for a long time but it ruins any sort of romanticism for the fans. 

Like imagine being a Bologna fan having their best season for ages and then spend the summer losing their manager and top player. Just think it's a bit shit :lol:

Bologna also look like they are losing Califiori to Arsenal and lost Ferguson to a ACL just before the summer. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone can in for that Swiss lad who had a great Euros too (Abischer?? 

Italiano is a great replacement for Motta but they will need to strike gold on their scouting again it seems.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

No I think it was more as a replacement for Eriksen. The vision was Casemiro, Mount and Fernandes, but Mount is capable of playing in many positions if required. 

Mainoo is obviously the best midfielder in history now, so Mount is a backup to three or four positions. 

It's strange to think Mount was Southgates golden boy only a year ago... Was he actually that good or was he over hyped by the media.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Aye, let’s hope you can get 500k for him next summer then. Would be a great deal for you guys.

35 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

How's he gone to shit so fast? He was pretty good at Chelsea. :lol: 

He hasn't. :lol: that's like me saying how has Tonali gone to shit.

Guy played about 500 mins last season and is being written off. Nothing but a bit of hopium from opposition fans. 

Edited by Froggy

Brilliant to have Jonny around for another year. He'll be sixth or maybe even seventh choice, so let's hope he doesn't have to play. :lol:

Fingers crossed for a season without an unprecedented injury crisis. 

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He hasn't. :lol: that's like me saying how has Tonali gone to shit.

Guy played about 500 mins last season and is being written off. Nothing but a bit of hopium from opposition fans. 

Ah, gotcha. I see he was injured for large spells, for some reason I thought he fell out of favour with ETH.

7 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Ah, gotcha. I see he was injured for large spells, for some reason I thought he fell out of favour with ETH.

Nah definitely not. Injured loads, then when trying to get to match fitness got injured again. Basically a write off season for him. 

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Nah definitely not. Injured loads, then when trying to get to match fitness got injured again. Basically a write off season for him. 

Similar to Barnes with us. Probably a better comparison than Tonali, but I hear you.