Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You don't have to tell me what to understand.

The point is that you've seemingly thrown money at his club and the player to pressure him to join you. Similar to the Di Maria situation.

Paying £42 million plus add-ons, for a player who is in the last year of his contract, and to use your logic, has only had one good year in France for that matter, seems very excessive.

The contract is very reasonable IMO. We've made a bid and contract offer for an extremely high rated player, and he has accepted. It's as simple as that. 

Under no illusions he'll likely want to move to Madrid in the future, and just have to hope we sell well. 

Worth noting Varane was on £300k+ a week. Yoro's transfer fee and wages spread over the duration of his contract = Varane's wages. It's sound business for a player who's resale value should be much higher than Branthwaite's. 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

You haven’t spent less tho. It’s €70m with the add ons and we both know most of the add ons will be stuff that’ll get met quite easily 

Stop making up figures man. :lol:

It's £42m rising to £52m with add ons. That's €62m in total if all add ons are hit. 

Our latest bid for Branthwaite was £45m up front + £5m in add ons and was dismissed as being far too low and you found it to be a joke of a bid. It would have taken £65-70m for Branthwaite. This is a no brainier. 

Edited by Froggy

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Stop making up figures man. :lol:

I haven’t made anything up :lol: Mr Ornstein who is very well respected when it comes to transfers says it’s potentially rising to €70m. That’s a pretty good source. Unlike you I actually checked. Embarrassing for you that

Edited by gdm

I’m pleased Man U didn’t get Branthwaite regardless of the money involved. They can spend so much that it’s not even worth tallying up, though it doesn’t stop them complaining about other clubs being able to spend.

If they got him he probably would’ve been a first team player for the next decade.

Can’t say I know anything about the guy they’re signing so can’t comment.

Edited by Kimbo

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m pleased Man U didn’t get Branthwaite regardless of the money involved. They can spend so much that it’s not even worth tallying up, though it doesn’t stop them complaining about other clubs being able to spend.

If they got him he probably would’ve been a first team player for the next decade.

Can’t say I know anything about the guy they’re signing so can’t comment.

We'll still be after him, we just need to sell now. Couldn't afford to be dragged into a saga for the summer so had to get at least one centre back in early. 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

I haven’t made anything up :lol: Mr Ornstein who is very well respected when it comes to transfers says it’s potentially rising to €70m. That’s a pretty good source. Unlike you I actually checked. Embarrassing for you that

Just wait until the add ons are confirmed and what they actually are. ;)

Either way, we've paid £42m up front. Less than what our derisory offer for Branthwaite was. 

For some reason you're trying to suggest that all the add ons will be simple to achieve, which is based on absolutely nothing. :lol:

Just enjoy the signing gdm. You'd be waxing lyrical if you signed this guy. 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The contract is very reasonable IMO. We've made a bid and contract offer for an extremely high rated player, and he has accepted. It's as simple as that. 

Under no illusions he'll likely want to move to Madrid in the future, and just have to hope we sell well. 

Worth noting Varane was on £300k+ a week. Yoro's transfer fee and wages spread over the duration of his contract = Varane's wages. It's sound business for a player who's resale value should be much higher than Branthwaite's. 

:lol:

I can't really take you seriously man.

We'll see how the whole thing plays out I guess.

Also be interesting to see what kind of budget you have left and how it is affected by this deal.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Just wait until the add ons are confirmed and what they actually are. ;)

Either way, we've paid £42m up front. Less than what our derisory offer for Branthwaite was. 

For some reason you're trying to suggest that all the add ons will be simple to achieve, which is based on absolutely nothing. :lol:

Just enjoy the signing gdm. You'd be waxing lyrical if you signed this guy. 

haha you were wrong have enough humility to admit it. 

the add on generally are achievable but you are correct it’s based on nothing.

i literally just said it was a good signing which you bizarrely chose to ignore 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

haha you were wrong have enough humility to admit it. 

the add on generally are achievable but you are correct it’s based on nothing.

i literally just said it was a good signing which you bizarrely choose to ignore 

You edited your post and added it in after. I didn't see it. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

I can't really take you seriously man.

We'll see how the whole thing plays out I guess.

Also be interesting to see what kind of budget you have left and how it is affected by this deal.

£34-35m for Zirkzee and £42m + add ons for Yoro. I'd imagine that's all we could afford without sales. 

But we've sold or are selling Greenwood, Kambwala, Van de Beek and Fernandez for about £40m + add ons. So that's probably enough to get De Ligt in as well?

We're also saving £36m a year in wages (disgusting) just from releasing Varane and Martial. So is that a factor for transfers? 

Honestly no idea how the budgets work. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

People are losing their mind over this signing. 12 months ago he was no where. There’ll be another one to pop up from France next summer, then the one after that.

Like over the years, Upamancao, Todibo, Badishille, Saliba, Fofana have all broke out young and hailed as the next thing. Really, so far only Saliba looks like the rolls Royce of a cb m. Everyone else, reasonable on their day but also with many clangers.

27 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We'll still be after him, we just need to sell now. Couldn't afford to be dragged into a saga for the summer so had to get at least one centre back in early. 

Sure you’re in a position where you can buy multiple players for this sort of money in one window, and pay them huge wages. We just have to hope you keep employing the likes of Ten Haag.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

£34-35m for Zirkzee and £42m + add ons for Yoro. I'd imagine that's all we could afford without sales. 

But we've sold or are selling Greenwood, Kambwala, Van de Beek and Fernandez for about £40m + add ons. So that's probably enough to get De Ligt in as well?

We're also saving £36m a year in wages (disgusting) just from releasing Varane and Martial. So is that a factor for teas transfers? 

Honestly no idea how the budgets work. :lol:

I see you are still after De Ligt, who would expect to start alongside Martinez.

Maguire looks like he'll still be around and finished the season off quite well to be fair to him, and so would expect to be first man off the bench in that position.

So it's looking like this outlay on Yoro was for the 4th choice centre back?

It's interesting, because I think you're wingers look very shaky still, as they don't create much for the strikers. But seems you'll be going with them as they are?

Looks a strange plan IMO.

In fairness, Man Utd could have a back four of Hakimi, Militao, Saliba, Hernandez, and if ETH has them set up the same way as last season, they will still be conceding 20+ shots a game :D 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I see you are still after De Ligt, who would expect to start alongside Martinez.

Maguire looks like he'll still be around and finished the season off quite well to be fair to him, and so would expect to be first man off the bench in that position.

So it's looking like this outlay on Yoro was for the 4th choice centre back?

It's interesting, because I think you're wingers look very shaky still, as they don't create much for the strikers. But seems you'll be going with them as they are?

Looks a strange plan IMO.

No way is Maguire first option off the bench. He's not great. He might have played well as you said, but he's not good enough. 

Martinez first choice obviously but you need depth. We had Casemiro and Jonny Evans playing centre back together last season. :lol:

At the minute Martinez and Yoro would probably be the starters but you don't want an 18 year old playing 50-60 games a year either. 

Just now, Froggy said:

No way is Maguire first option off the bench. He's not great. He might have played well as you said, but he's not good enough. 

Martinez first choice obviously but you need depth. We had Casemiro and Jonny Evans playing centre back together last season. :lol:

At the minute Martinez and Yoro would probably be the starters but you don't want an 18 year old playing 50-60 games a year either. 

As you mentioned De Ligt deal is still going to be completed. He ain't joining to sit behind Lenny Yoro.

I also think it's quite fanciful expecting Yoro to play ahead of Maguire tbh. 

Honestly, I don't get it, but looking forward to seeing how it plays out. I think it might end up being quite entertaining.

Just now, KaKa said:

As you mentioned De Ligt deal is still going to be completed. He ain't joining to sit behind Lenny Yoro.

I also think it's quite fanciful expecting Yoro to play ahead of Maguire tbh. 

If De Ligt comes in then he'd start with Martinez, and then Yoro would be the next rotation option. Yoro will 100% play ahead of Maguire, trust me. 

Only reason Maguire is still at the club is because he didn't want to go to West Ham. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

If De Ligt comes in then he'd start with Martinez, and then Yoro would be the next rotation option. Yoro will 100% play ahead of Maguire, trust me. 

Only reason Maguire is still at the club is because he didn't want to go to West Ham. 

Even if that is true.

Considering your winger situation and lack of experience up top, I'm surprised that much has been spent on at best the 3rd choice entre back.

Also, not sure I would want Maguire around and stewing because he's 4th choice, while trying to integrate the 18 year old kid that has taken his place, and who will be trying to settle into a new league and country.

All seems a bit mad.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Considering your winger situation and lack of experience up top, I'm surprised that much has been spent on at best the 3rd choice entre back.

Zirkzee and Hojlund is fine for the striker position. 

Garnacho is quality, and will get better and better. Just hope he plays on the left instead of Rashford. Definitely need something to happen on the right wing mind. Sancho is back, but could be a PR stunt to strengthen our position with him in the market. If he's sold I'd say we'll sign a right winger as a replacement.

Cant do it all in one window though. Patience KaKa. 

This is fucking tedious. They're signing a highly rated young player. Stop getting all of your knickers in a twist trying to put a negative spin  on it, just because it's Man U. Is it any wonder Froggy spends so much time on the forum, when you're all fawning over him, trying to stir the pot. :lol:

Just now, Coco said:

This is fucking tedious. They're signing a highly rated young player. Stop getting all of your knickers in a twist trying to put a negative spin  on it, just because it's Man U. Is it any wonder Froggy spends so much time on the forum, when you're all fawning over him, trying to stir the pot. :lol:

Don't try and take my internet friends away from me Coco. 

Just now, Coco said:

How about you log off and go and have a shower and a shave you look an absolute state.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Zirkzee and Hojlund is fine for the striker position. 

Garnacho is quality, and will get better and better. Just hope he plays on the left instead of Rashford. Definitely need something to happen on the right wing mind. Sancho is back, but could be a PR stunt to strengthen our position with him in the market. If he's sold I'd say we'll sign a right winger as a replacement.

Cant do it all in one window though. Patience KaKa. 

I have an inkling ten Hag might be looking to change the formation maybe?

I'm not convinced, but we'll see I guess.